I Need Ice Fishing Bait

pooch

FISHING PLUS 16 LANSDOWNE W PETERBOROUGH K9J 1Y1 (705) 740-2303

OTONABEE LIVE BAITS 163 LANSDOWNE E PETERBOROUGH K9J 7P7 (705) 741-0885

PETERBOROUGH LIVE BAIT 10 ARTHUR PETERBOROUGH K9J 5X5 (705) 742-9642

TRENT FISHING TACKLE INC 347 PIDO RD PETERBOROUGH (705) 745-0549

I'm in the same pickle up here in Bobcaygeon...All bait shops are closed for the season...

Last week I stopped into the local pet shop and they said if I give them a week's lead time they can order waxworms for me...great for tipping a small Swedish Pimple or tear jig or small jiggin rapala...

A bit pricey at $0.15 each and I'm assumming they will want a minimum order of 50 or 100...gotta check that out...

Please post results of your Peterboro finds or PM...Thanks

He guys,

If all you're looking for is grubs or wax worm just go to your local pet store like Beans said. The have feeder grubs, usually wax worms, and even crickets. Cheap too. I think the last time I went out I only payed 1.25$ for a dozen of them.

FHR

Edited by FishHeadRic

You can breed your own wax worms/maggots by putting a bag of household garbage in a garbage bag , close it , put it in room temperature , and wait a week . When you open it you will find a huge population of maggots which work well for fishing .

I never tried to do this purposely , but one time last summer I found out the hard way that this indeed works.

Edited by KTFO

there is worms in Campbellford at a place called Dukes....if you need directions let me know.. the place is right down the street and I know they got worms and minnows .... If campbellford is to far I am sorry I cant help

They listed all the shops in the area but to be honest I'm not sure who's selling bait this time of the year. Peterborough live bait might be the best bet as he wholesales to the area and he sells smaller baits also. I would give him a call and if he can't help you out he might be able to point you in the right direction.

Good Luck

FISHING PLUS 16 LANSDOWNE W PETERBOROUGH K9J 1Y1 (705) 740-2303

OTONABEE LIVE BAITS 163 LANSDOWNE E PETERBOROUGH K9J 7P7 (705) 741-0885

PETERBOROUGH LIVE BAIT 10 ARTHUR PETERBOROUGH K9J 5X5 (705) 742-9642

TRENT FISHING TACKLE INC 347 PIDO RD PETERBOROUGH (705) 745-0549

Fishing Plus has closed down. It's now a used car shop.

Fishing Plus has closed down. It's now a used car shop.

Hmmmmmm, that's too bad, he had a nice little tackle shop there and I bought quite a bit of stuff off him over the last few years.

His musky baits were priced to match anybody.

Thanks guys, no answer (just machines) at the above listed numbers. May try a pet store around the corner from me.

Lew, I was surprised like you when that little store closed down. 2 Canadian Tires, and a Walmart were too tough to compete with is my guess.

I was just at Bridgenorth Sports on Tuesday to buy some lures to fish Simcoe on Saturday.

Frank had lots of minnows and said he has been selling all winter. Maybe give a call beforehand to make sure: 705-292-9751