Nice little boat on sale at Costco

Dutch

Nice little Pelican boat on sale at Costco in Peterborough. They had 3 units left:

http://www.pelicansport.com/index.php?lang...oat=predatordlx

Looked like a nice set-up for $500, for ponds or small back lakes.

Has an aerated livewell with pump, 12V plugs at the bow and stern and has a mounting bracket at the front for a TM. Also comes with rod holders and a nice sized livewell.

Just thought I would let people know.

Can even find these used on Kijiji for this price.

Saw that at CTC once, looks like a good boat for rivers, creeks, small lakes/ponds. Easily fit into a small pick up too.

Hmmm... not quite I don't think. Your distance from side to side in the box is probably about 50" above the wheel wells. This boat is 61" wide. You could probably rack it above the box easily enough though, if the seats are removeable for turning it upside down.

pelican.JPG

A typical 12' aluminum would weigh less, carry more, and probably be easier to handle. It would be my choice too. But used 12 footers are sometimes hard to come by and probably not any cheaper, if they're in good shape.

12' aluminum would be better, however 500 bucks is a great price. Be a nice little boat for ponds like Valens, Mountsberg or Binbrook. You might get it onto the top of a pickup truck box but the weight is 154 lbs.

Weight capacity is actually pretty good at 500 lbs. A Lowe 10' Jon only weighs 80 lbs. but only has a capacity of 275lbs. A 12' Lowe Jon: 90lbs. and 330 lbs. but the wider 12' x 32" is 140lbs and 527 lb capacity. So in comparison at 500 lb capacity the little Costco boat is respectable....and cheap at 500 bucks! If I had only had a truck to put it in...