Best time to fish??

bigzinc10

Hey guys, just wondering when is the best time for fishing? I have heard early in the morning and then late in the evening. I am a rookie angler and I havent had a chance yet to go early fishing. Most times I find myself fishing at 2pm or 7pm, just because that is when I have had availability....and each time no luck...just a couple nibbles. I tried fishing at erindale park in mississauaga and professors lake in brampton. Nada. What do you think??

Morning and dusk generally are thought to be good, and yup, check the lunar tables and all that. The evening has always been my favourite time to fish, but like yo_guy said anytime is a good time!

Sunrise can be a bit of a stretch for me some Sunday mornings, though...... :sleeping_02:

I've had great early mornings, great evenings and a fair share of great mid-day trips.

There is no "best time". If you want to test the theory, start at first light and go home at dusk. Hmm.. but then what about the night bite? ;)

i dont know how many times i've headed out fishing early early in the morning like at sunrise and i dont catch a thing till about 10ish, the fish sleep in like i do. i find pike and bass bite best during the heat of the day, walleye usually in the evening but i still do well mid day for them. i find trout like lake trout and specks from around 9am-to lunch time.

I think there is logic in every answer, it depends on species - being new to canada this site helped me and everyone was awesome, people said just fish - like field of dreams build it they will come!

Good luck - I think weather conditions are more important blue sky and no ripple change techniques.