LSC today musky hunting

Handlebarz

Well my last day of holidays the weather looks great so I head out later then I like to but I am on the water and fishing by 7 tried casting for a hour or so and said pee on it crused over to a spot I like to fish and started it was about 8:30 or so when I had lines set I wanted to be on this area as the moon set was for 9:10 am I know this spot has fish are we boated one there this week and lost two there well I think I am in the area ( I kinda left the GPS/Sonar at home) :whistle: but had my hand held and know the marks in it they are not the same as the new ones but close enough to have the right area.

Any Hoo its just about 9am and my line goes off I was running a Woodie special perch 6 1/4" on the boards this fish was peeling line and not stopping I thought dang she was pulling so hard I had one heck of a time getting the rod out of the holder she had about 50' of line pulled off before I got the rod in my hands then made a great jump from the 160-180' away from the boat that she was she only made one more run before I boated this 50+"er a couple pics and back she went sorry no release shots as she was tired and I did not need to fight with her.

IMG_4855.jpg

IMG_4860.jpg

this is one reason I like having a camera that will take 10 pics in a row after the timer is set you can get 10 nice shots as you are heading to the water to get the big girls back in and also a nice head shot

IMG_4863.jpg

about 45 min later in the same spot I pop another one its in the 30" range I had to net it as it was hooked with two hooks it never came out of the water I took a quick pic as it swam away that one was on a pike scale Woodie 6 1/4"

IMG_4865.jpg

After that I had two more small fish on the Special perch but not big enough to get the camera out for I popped the hooks out boat side and they were gone with a splash. What a great way to finish off the holiday.

UB I was trying to get hurt so I dont have to go back to work LOL

Rob you know as we have tried already this year your seat is always open and saved for you.

Tyler we will get you out some time for sure P.S. I talked to a friend who is out fishing Bass here alot and he has not been doing that good either so dont feel bad if its slow right now.

FnS I have the Cannon power shot A550 it has a timer that I set for 30 seconds and then set it to take 10 pics that way I never know what candid shots I will get when releasing the big girls it sure does make life alot easier knowing that I have 40 seconds to get her out of the net and snap one pic I usually have them up and ready in 20-25 seconds this works out better then having another person taking the pic as I have the tri pod set and ready before I have a fish in the boat then all I do is snap the camera onto the tripod and hit the timer button its very slick way to do things.