Fishing report

cranks bait

Well it has been a while since I have posted any reports or pictures here. Got out yesterday (Sunday July 5) with a good friend named Mel. She loves to fish, but has not done it much. We spent the entire day on the water and even got into some fishing. One could not ask for a more perfect day.

Mel with a 3.5er

23lz1bn.jpg

Mel with her "small" one at 2.5 lbs.

rvlrib.jpg

As I retie a lure on for her I give her my rod and tell her to throw into the bull rushes. I hear her yell "oh" Look up and the rod is buckled. I knew she had a good one. Came in at four even.

1yaj3l.jpg

After a few more smaller fish, she lands another one just over four.

b8jkug.jpg

My best fish of the day! May have hit three? I think more realistic would be 2.5?

mll0lt.jpg

I thought this was a really cool pic of another one of Mel's largies.

167mhld.jpg

After a having such a great day fishing we decided to head home. It felt great to get out with someone who has barely fished and have them catch a lot of fish and some big ones as well. She felt bad that she out fished me, but I was just happy to have great company and a successful day for her. Our ride home turned into a nice moonlight cruise.

2elbfo6.jpg

28svnn7.jpg

Edited by cranks bait

Good to hear from you again and with such a nice report! Feels great when you can get someone else into fish doesn't? Very nice largemouths, congrats to Mel and you!