I'll take a lunge combo please

Another day of scouting and prospecting. Early at the launch, the wind is not as it was forecasted the day before, it was expected to be 20km/h but ended up being more of a 40km/h. On our way to these new prospecting spots, we hit a wall of white caps with was seems to be 2-3 footers and maybe worse. We got lazy and did not want to make the brutal trip accross the big open in the big waves, so we stayed away from it and just looked at spots we already knew. This was not suposed to be a long trip, but just a few hours to look at a few new spots so we could hit them up on our next full trip.

We even decided to do a bit of trolling since the wind was just unforgiving and required all the juice the electric motor could handle just to keep us on the spots in order to be able to cast. Troll, cast,troll, cast, troll, cast, and after 4 hours we did not see a single fish and wind just keeps wearing us down. It's getting close to lunch time and we decide that if we dont see a fish in the next 30 minutes that we would call it a day. We then chose to hit a very known, comon spot to see if we could at least pull up one fish. As we get to the spot we notice a boat is already fishing it, so we just kept going and chose to fish a smaller spot away from it instead. At this point we were both thinking of calling it quits and going back home to enjoy a snack and maybe a nap.

Mike pulls the boat up to the spot and I drop the electric in (usual drill) and even before I can put my foot on the pedal:

" YEAH FISH ON!!"

MikePistillimusky46.jpg

What a scrapper! Gave a really good fight, turned out to be a decent fish in the upper 40inches and a solid release. These fish are all healthy and seem to be feeding well judging from the belly.

Another busted lure! It's frustrating to have to put aside your confidence lure and switch to something else.. But as we are often reminded, confidence baits is sometimes something we care about more then the muskies do. Mike's next cast saw a big lunge crush his new lure 5 feet from the boat. This one was the whole show, acrobatics, head shakes, runs and all very spectacular!

MikePistilli505.jpg

Big head, big girth and a long fish, A TANK!

50release.jpg

Away she goes, another great release. Without any hesitation, we were done, packed everything up and kissed the wind goodbye as we pulled up to the launch.

Now for a nap!

Sweeet! I say this in the nicest way......I do not like you :P:lol: Couldn't even get a follow on the weekend. Please tell me that those beauties were not caught on Sunday on Scugog ....please? LOL Congrats on yet another exceptional day muskie fishing and thanks for sharing the pictures and story :clapping:

Edited by bly