Facebook..

bigfish1965

Not so much through the summer months but the long winter nights it's interesting. We have a local group where we post pictures and stories of my home town. There are close to a thousand pictures there now. Great way to keep in touch with old school mates.

Looked at Twitter for a bit, found it boring.

We have a family group on Facebook...

Helps to keep the bunch (70 someodd) in touch with each other...

We also have a family group on Yahoo.Groups for sharing e-mails with each other...

Edited by Beans

Yup -- I'm on it...was cool to catch up with people from the past...now I pretty much post photos, videos and exchange smart remarks with a few friends and family. And of COURSE I'm on the OFC page :):)

i am there to....good to keep in touch with friends from years ago. Just watch what you put on there. Employers are searching the site to nail there employees or future employees.

Just lock down your privacy settings for friends only, but I'm sure there are ways around that. I have my mom on there plus I'm too boring to have anything incriminating to worry about. :D :D

Just lock down your privacy settings for friends only, but I'm sure there are ways around that. I have my mom on there plus I'm too boring to have anything incriminating to worry about. :D:D

Their coding is pretty tight. The only real loophole in the permissions is through the photo albums. If you disallow comments on photos you are as secure as can be.

Most of the people I work with are on it and only one person got into any trouble..he doctored images of the corporate president and posted them in a not very flattering way...but our big bosses ignore it. I have had meetings with them about all the social networking stuff and it became policy they would leave it so that employees could vent or not feel watched over.

There is a reason I am asking which will become apparent as time goes by.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

crackbook is good. i've actually gotten to know some of my more distant family with it, keep in touch with peeps, and it gives me an easy place to dump fish pics for the boys to see.

Their coding is pretty tight. The only real loophole in the permissions is through the photo albums. If you disallow comments on photos you are as secure as can be.

Most of the people I work with are on it and only one person got into any trouble..he doctored images of the corporate president and posted them in a not very flattering way...but our big bosses ignore it. I have had meetings with them about all the social networking stuff and it became policy they would leave it so that employees could vent or not feel watched over.

There is a reason I am asking which will become apparent as time goes by.

That's good to know.

Now why would someone doctor a picture of their boss and put it on Facebook. Sounds like a pretty dumb move to me.