LEAFS NEWS~ Tomas Kaberle Trade!

The Toronto maple leafs are saying they have a number of offers as of this afternoon for tomas kaberle. Could this be what they have been waiting for? a number of the trade offers have included more then one leaf player!

Are the leafs going to move up in the draft pick? are they going to have their chance to pick up Tavares?

or is it going to take more then just a couple of leafs to earn the #1 or #2 pick? Maybe a future draft pick to go with kaberle and schenn maybe???

or are these trade all part of another big picture?

Maybe this is all about Mr. Heatly? or could this be the vincent lecavalier trade we've been hearing about?!?

what is an offensive deffencemen like kaberle really worth? Is he worth the same as Bomeister? could a Kaberle for Bomeister be ?

or is this all just another chance that the leafs are going to let slip out of their hands???

Well knowing how the leafs operate I suspect they're trading him for Chris Chelios and the rights to sign Owen Nolan and Gary Roberts. That sounds like a good leafs trade: a good, reasonably younger player for a couple of playoff warriors (who of course are useless in the new NHL and when your team doesn't make the playoffs)

I hope you leaf fans really enjoy trout fishing. Cause you certainly won't be watching playoff games in May for many years!

burke will make the right deal, as for you non leaf fans/leaf haters, schen wont go any where and in 2 years tops this teams contends, burke wouldnt be here if he could do what he wanted, and thats to shut you all up and bring home stanly... GO LEAFS GO

burke will make the right deal, as for you non leaf fans/leaf haters, schen wont go any where and in 2 years tops this teams contends, burke wouldnt be here if he could do what he wanted, and thats to shut you all up and bring home stanly... GO LEAFS GO

Ok.... :rolleyes:

Admittedly I'm a Leafs fan, have been since I was a kid back in the 50's. They've had they're moments, good and bad. I'm optimistic that they're on the cusp of a breakout over the next few years. It may be modest and unassuming compared to say, the Boy Wonders in Pitt, or the Iron Men in Detroit, but it will give us something to cheer about besides a few fleeting moments of victory. When you've cheered for them for as many years as I have you learn to accept the crumbs that are tossed your way, and to rein in the emotions that younger fans allow to run wild. And like a loved but slightly backward child, you never give up hope that they'll make you proud again one day.

This latest reincarnation that's abuilding offers hope of the real thing, not just another shell team. From the GM down to the rookies there's a better feel than I've had in years, and Burke's too crusty and experienced not to make some gains in the pre-season building that's going on.

It may take a few years but we're gonna see some solid Leaf seasons yet.

JF

Well knowing how the leafs operate I suspect they're trading him for Chris Chelios and the rights to sign Owen Nolan and Gary Roberts.

HAHAHA

If he makes that BOS trade, he's nuts!

I like Kessel, but he's not worth that much.

I dont know why they are even trying to unload him.

He's the best scoring d-man they have, not too sure why they want to unload him so bad??

I'm not a leafs fan....but here's hoping Heatley/Lecavalier come to TO! Pretty good players to build a team around.

Kabby is too soft a player to fit into Burke's long term plans.

Yes, he's a great puck mover and passer, but weak in the corners and plays soft when the going gets tough. And he pretty much disappears when the playoff start. If I can think back that far! LMAO

Burke has stated emphatically that he wants a tough team. He's stated that he got sick and tired of watching his trainers out on the ice, he wants to see the other teams guys repairing their guys!

I hope he gets good value for Kabby, but in the end, I won't miss him.

HH

HAHAHA

If he makes that BOS trade, he's nuts!

I like Kessel, but he's not worth that much.

I dont know why they are even trying to unload him.

He's the best scoring d-man they have, not too sure why they want to unload him so bad??

I'm not a leafs fan....but here's hoping Heatley/Lecavalier come to TO! Pretty good players to build a team around.

I think it would be far fetched that this trade goes through as well, however, Boston unfortunaly and to the dismay of myself and many other bruins fans, is that he is gone. Chances are he is going to get an ofer sheet like that of dustin penner, but probably larger and the bruins will lose him for nothing. To get something for him makes all the sense. They are tight to the cap as it is right now, and if they can unload the pending contract that he is going to get...in the area of 4+ million/yr, then they have to do somehing. Chirelli is not a bad Gm, and is actually thinking. Plus with the return of Marco Sturm hopefully for the year can help ease the scoring hole that will be left by Kessell, and getting somehing in return just make good business sense.

Kaberle has to go. They have a number of young stars that can fill his void and by dumping his contract and length allows Burke to get someone he actually likes (style of play). If they choose to keep Kaberle of the remaining few years on his contract will certainly allow the leafs to continuelly miss the playoffs.

You guys have it the wrong way ...

Sources tell TSN the Bruins have offered restricted free agent forward Phil Kessel and a draft pick to Toronto in exchange for the Leaf blueliner.

(The pick that Boston is offering is not their first rounder in this year's draft.)

More Details

Thanks Stoty for clearing that up, I was wondering why in the hell they would do it the other way!!!

Hahah, exactly!

Even Maggie the monkey wouldnt have done that trade!

This way, is a damn good deal for TO though, I would accept that in a heartbeat!

I'm glad the deal wasn't actually Kabs and the 1st rounder. I was seriously contemplating cheering another team. Kabs for Kessel and the bruins pick? No problem there.

Heatly, Never in a Leafs jersey. Biggest jerk on the ice. He should realize what a grace he has been given to earn the money he makes playing friggin HOCKEY instead of pining away in a cell. Can't get along with the coach of his hockey team???? Give me sleep. Guy dissapears in the playoffs anyways.

Lecavalier on the other hand... Would give Schenn for Vinny.(Edit) there obviously would have to be more that TB would want in return. But a good starting point.

Edited by Jigger

I'm glad the deal wasn't actually Kabs and the 1st rounder. I was seriously contemplating cheering another team. Kabs for Kessel and the bruins pick? No problem there.

Heatly, Never in a Leafs jersey. Biggest jerk on the ice. He should realize what a grace he has been given to earn the money he makes playing friggin HOCKEY instead of pining away in a cell. Can't get along with the coach of his hockey team???? Give me sleep. Guy dissapears in the playoffs anyways.

Lecavalier on the other hand... Would give Schenn for Vinny.(Edit) there obviously would have to be more that TB would want in return. But a good starting point.

TSN just updated there was a miscommunication and the deal is pretty much dead right now