Anti-Hunters are one thing, but come on Anti-Fishing - Give me a break

NAW

tell her :

" I am sorry YOU feel that way"

Then drop the subject.

Everytime she brings it up... tell her the same thing again.

If she brings it up again, ask her where she thinks her makeup comes from... animal fats ! :o

Then tell her.... you are sorry she has to wear animal fats on her face ! :P

The trouble with ALL green groups, from anti-hunters to global warming alarmists is that they don't really want to save the world, they want to control it and everything anyone does in it. They're just like watermelons, they're green on the outside but watch that colour that's inside. I'll admit that some adherents are altruistic but they've been totally duped by the leaders.

Im getting so sick of these anti-gun, anti-hunting and fishing nazis...they spew garbage out of their mouths, brainwash kids these days with data and facts that are doctored up and innacurate...yet they're still seen as "the good guys" in the eyes of the majority. :angry:

Im only a young lad and have alot of life left to live...and Im afraid if this garbage keeps up I'll live to see my gun/hunting/fishing rights robbed from us... :( .

Not that she deserves you bothering to waste your breath...however if you must engage this person I would avoid one certain tactic. When people try to defend the sport of fishing by pointing out that others are not perfect because they eat meat or some such thing...this is pointless. I obviously don't agree...but any P3TA-head with half a brain would counter that just because he or she has accepted the harvest and consumption of meat products for sustenance doesn't mean that they can't be opposed to a pastime which they view as being unnecessarily cruel. Before the flame war starts...like I've already stated...I don't agree with that opinion, I'm just stated the obvious response any tree-hugger with basic reasoning abilities would counter with.

One could oppose 99% of what organizations like P3TA stand for, while still finding certain common ground with even the most hard-line of animal lovers. Just because P3TA is against something...it doesn't mean they're automatically way off base. For example, I'm pretty sure not too many of us would support dog fighting to the death for sport...P3TA member or not.

...just don't talk fishing in her presence or ignore her... Sorry Maureen, I cannot agree with you on your first part. Do not change your ways to accomodate her.

If the lady starts harping again politely say "I was not speaking to you, please mind your own business". and then continue on with what you were doing.

But all in all, good luck with this

Had the same thing happen at work.... Asked her what about sports did she enjoy baseball or hockey??? ( Her son played Hockey and Baseball) What about the poor cows that died to make the baseball glove / hockey skates etc... or ask her about her nice leather interior in her SUV or leather shoes / purse etc... Shut her up pretty quick I tell ya....

I need some good responses to tell her, and I can't think of any good ones.

If she's really serious, tell her to mind her own f'in business.

And if you have a lunchroom, bring a can of Brunswick sardines and eat those "baby" fish in front of her. The smell alone will imprint itself on her mind. :D

Oh yeah, if she likes lip gloss, tell her the sparkly sheen comes from ground-up fish scales (herring or sardines, can't remember which). True.

Edited by Jocko

Thanks for all the comments!

I'm not the type of person to back down when someone calls me a murdered, or questions my morals. With that in mind, I’m not the type of person to bash this lady for having strong feelings about animal rights. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

You all have given me some good (some hilarious) comments to use when she questions me about my hobbies.

I’ll be sure to throw some of these her way the next time we get talking about the subject.

Thanks Again!

F-is-H

i just thought of one

"why do you think eating fish is do bad? you eat different sausages every night"

That's a good one. Funny stuf.

Might cause some issues with the whole harasement thing though.

I'll keep that one in my back pocket for the people that I know are eating lots of sausage at night!!

On a more serious note, it might be worthwhile to have a conversation about all the good that many anglers and hunters are responsible for.

Getting out there means that we see what's happening with the environment, with the animals and plants, and their populations. It also means that if we want to keep hunting and angling, we have a vested interest in making sure that the environment stays or is restored to the best condition possible.

There are a lot of interest groups out there (trout unlimited, ducks unlimited, credit river anglers association, OFAH) that are not only interested in just hunting and fishing, but are actively engaged in restoring and improving habitat for the very creatures they hunt and fish for, and the ecosystems they are a part of. Tree planting, stream rehabilitation, actively lobbying private organizations and government agencies to change their development plans for the good of our precious natural resources are just a few of those activities. Ultimately, the goal is to create sustainable resources that are healthy enough to prosper even while supporting hunting and fishing activities.

This is in contrast to some of the more militant animal rights "activists," who are more focused on labeling and judgingothers, rather than rolling up their sleeves and doing something constructive to improve the world. You can ask your colleague when the last time she planted a tree was. (Of course, it's even better if you're actually involved with a group or in some of those activities yourself.)

Tell her that for each fish you eat, you save 1,000 others...cause thats how many other fish your fish would have eaten. Then ask her what she has done to protect those poor baby fish that you are protecting...lol.

That there is classic!

I'm gonna borrow that one...LOL