Orillia airshow photos

kickingfrog

Headed up to Orillia right after work to catch the airshow. Turns out a CF 18 Hornet flying "fast" and low makes A LOT of noise and scares the crap out of a 6 month old baby (note to self... dad's a dumb :asshat: )

It was not as loud for the Snow Birds but by that point the little guy was a bit "gun shy" and I wanted to get on the road home and beat the crowd.

Here are some shots:

IMGP3808.jpg

IMGP3758.jpg

IMGP3810.jpg

Did I mention close, fast and loud???

IMGP3812.jpg

What everybody came to see:

IMGP3846.jpg

IMGP3825.jpg

IMGP3860.jpg

IMGP3847.jpg

A link to these plus a few more:

http://picasaweb.google.ca/robrice72/Orill...feat=directlink

one of the airplane ( ex-military experimental) that was also at was at Pearson doing a flyby for the running room charity run was also at the airshow.

here are some of the picture I took while doing some work at Pearson.

It also did a flyby at the tower which was awesome by no pics :(

IMG_3604.JPG

IMG_3607.JPG

IMG_3612.JPG

Nice photos! I too am a bit of an aviation buff (God I miss Wayne). We had a small air show at Hamilton on father's day. It was nothing like the old days, thirty or so years ago when we would have the Snowbirds, the Blue Angels and twenty Mustangs for the weekend. But it was a nice day and my son goes nuts over the planes just like I did.

Jim

one of the airplane ( ex-military experimental) that was also at was at Pearson doing a flyby for the running room charity run was also at the airshow.

Wow talk about a tough one for A/C recognition.

To me it looks like a 50's era Banshee (which I think is a type that was flown off the HMCS Bonaventure), but I don't know of any flyable examples of that one.

Nice pics from Orillia, kickingfrog, thanks! I was at one of their air shows a few years back. What a great way to spend an afternoon.

Why does no one think the camera man makes a difference? :lol: O.K. the camera is of a certain quality.

The cameraman most certainly makes a difference!

Rule #1 - BRING A CAMERA

Rule #2 - USE IT

It's surprising how often those are ignored or forgotten. :D

After that, it's a combination of the camera and the cameraman!

...... riiiiiight.... :huh:

LOL, sorry, that was funny

Seriously though, those formations are SICK!!! Its unbelievable to me. I say every year im going to go to one of the air shows and never do. I gotta get off my butt. Last time i was at one was when i was a kid and i remember being totally floored at the noise and the maneuvers.

I had my own little show a few summers back as one of the lakes i fish has a base near by, (oneida in new york) we were getting our gear in the boat one morning, and a fighter jet out of nowhere came what seemed to be right over our heads and banked hard, it made my entire week and i think shut the fish down for that morning as i remember there wasnt much of a bite going on. I dont know what the pilot was thinking, but since he pulled it off safely, i was glad he did............whatever it was he was doing lol

I took the nephew by the airport (buffalo) the other night on a bike ride, and we sat and watched the planes land right over our heads by the runway entrance........HE WAS DIGGIN IT, Hed LOVE going to one of these airshows for sure.

LOL, sorry, that was funny

Seriously though, those formations are SICK!!! Its unbelievable to me. I say every year im going to go to one of the air shows and never do. I gotta get off my butt. Last time i was at one was when i was a kid and i remember being totally floored at the noise and the maneuvers.

I had my own little show a few summers back as one of the lakes i fish has a base near by, (oneida in new york) we were getting our gear in the boat one morning, and a fighter jet out of nowhere came what seemed to be right over our heads and banked hard, it made my entire week and i think shut the fish down for that morning as i remember there wasnt much of a bite going on. I dont know what the pilot was thinking, but since he pulled it off safely, i was glad he did............whatever it was he was doing lol

I took the nephew by the airport (buffalo) the other night on a bike ride, and we sat and watched the planes land right over our heads by the runway entrance........HE WAS DIGGIN IT, Hed LOVE going to one of these airshows for sure.

Hahaha .... I used to go to london air show all the time when I was very little and since they have I guess toned it down quite a bit. I saw the night hawk ( stealth bomber) there the last year I was there. ALL kinds of jets and what not.... I think they have reduced it to bi-planes and things of that nature now.

I think it would be great to go to the Paris air show. Every plane you could think of flys there !

Great shots by the way !

Edited by Lunker777