Boat launch bozo

HTHM

When I have gotten the title of boat launch bozo, I launched at the grand river and forgot to take the transom saver off. It is now at the bottom of the Grand, I got soaked to the waist looking for the darn thing. As Homer says so well; DOH! :blush::oops::oops:

To be fair I should have that honor.Went camping and in a rush did not remove transom saver from motor.Could not figure why boat was sluggish up lake.Pulled into beach felt motor bumping bottom raised motor and low and behold was my transom saver still attached to motor.

In the "Grand" scheme of things, it won't make a difference. How did it fall off though? It's pinned the the bottom of the trailer and bungied at the top?

This was help in place by gravity. I should have no problem making another one out of a 2 x 4, won't be as pretty but it will work just as well.

:clapping:

Love the one when the whole trailer is still attached.

I have a feeling with the amount of "Bloopers" that Bill Dance has.. they are staged! There is just no way someone is that clumsy with forgeting to unstrap the boat.. Or somehow the "Pin" comes out from the draw bar....

:clapping:

Love the one when the whole trailer is still attached.

I have a feeling with the amount of "Bloopers" that Bill Dance has.. they are staged! There is just no way someone is that clumsy with forgeting to unstrap the boat.. Or somehow the "Pin" comes out from the draw bar....

It's beginning to get fairly obvious that Bill Dance is all about the staged bloober. Nobody is that much of a bonehead that often...and always when there happens to be a camera around? I don't think so.

Just don't take the bow strap off and back down the ramp, then pull back up. You will need to winch you're boat the rest of the way back on the trailer.

I felt like a real Boat launch bozo. And I knew better, just got in a hurry and forgot my brain in the truck!!!

Jeff.

I've backed the trailer into the water while my son is in the boat to power off. Boat won't budge. Back in a little further boat won't budge. Son finally realizes, as we point at each other, that the rear straps are still on :wallbash: At least there were no witnesses. :ph34r: