Maybe Wiarton Willie was right ??

lew

Willie came out of his hole last week and declared that we were gonna have an early spring this year.

Well, this afternoon, me & ole Marv were hiking down in the woods when I heard a very familiar chirping sound, looked up on a branch just 10" above me and spotted my 1st robin of the year, just sitting there and enjoying the sunshine :D

yeah, yeah, I know, some robins do spend the winters up here in the frozen barrens, but I'm still gonna take it as a sign that were on the downhill side of winter and springtime and warm weather is just around the corner :thumbsup_anim:

As long as the waters open for opening day walleye and pike (last weekend of May on GB) and musky it's all good, if the ice goes to early I'll have nothing to fish for until then anyway. Come April " let it rain, let it rain "

Edited by GbayGiant

Guest gbfisher
As long as the waters open for opening day walleye and pike (last weekend of May on GB) and musky it's all good, if the ice goes to early I'll have nothing to fish for until then anyway. Come April " let it rain, let it rain "

Unless it has changed. :dunno: Its the 1rst of May for Pike and Pics and the last weekend in June for Musky. Don't think ya have to be to worried about ice then...Ice is usually off the first week in April. :thumbsup_anim:

I can say that I am lookin forward to the ice stayin around a while.... :worthy:

:Gonefishing:

yes lew you are right down around deseronto,napenee area there is lots of robins that winter there :w00t: we see them all the time,its becuase that area has alot of a certain kind of berry that only becomes edible when they freeze,i have read about it as well and there is several other species of birds that are suposed to fly south yet stay in that area ..its the only area that these birds will be...kinda neat to see a robin when its -20 and snowing....very interesting :thumbsup_anim:

Unless it has changed. Its the 1rst of May for Pike and Pics and the last weekend in June for Musky. Don't think ya have to be to worried about ice then...Ice is usually off the first week in April.

I can say that I am lookin forward to the ice stayin around a while....

Ya, either way the ice is always out by the opening date,I'll be out the first day.