My daughter is a TV star

Guest Trophymuskie

Guest Trophymuskie

She's a guess on a French show called "La Quete" that is playing on TFO ( French TVO ) this Friday at 6 PM and replays Sunday 12 pm and 5 pm. It's a show where a kid with her friend get clues from a magic briefcase to discover one of their ancesters. They filmed the show last March and we travelled from here to Montreal to Quebec City and ended up on Ile D'Orleans all in four days. She got to do some fun activities along the way to learn about her ancestor that dates back to the early 1600's.

Well I guess this would be for the few French speaking OFC'ers from Ontario as I don't think they can get TFO in Quebec. Maybe it's time to use those captions. LOL

I can't wait to tomorrow night as they would not send us a copy untill the show aired. From the series first 3 shows that I have seen her's is going to kick butt.

Edited by Trophymuskie

Guest Trophymuskie
That's really cool! Congrats to her and your family for her TV apprearance. Sounded like an awesome experience all around...to be capped off with the premiere showing tonight. Got lots of friends coming over? Got the popcorn ready?? hehe.

Funny you should say that. This week she came home and said oh my gosh they announced it on the school PA and now you want me to tell all my friends and everyone I play sports with? I guess she's realizing this is somewhat of a big deal.

The pay wasn't much but they forked out for lodging as well as meals for both girls and a chaperon. And they did get to visit some neat places and participated in some fun activities.

Thanks for all the cudos.

BTW she's Veronique or the taller prettier girl. :thumbsup_anim:

Guest Trophymuskie

Hey thanks everyone, I can't believe I actually saw my ugly mug in there on 3 occasions. LOL But mom did have the only speaking role. LOL I'm really proud of her and I'm going to be watching the rerun tomorrow.

Her ancestor is a nice piece of Canadian history as she was a King's daughter ( i.e. Louis 14 the king of France paid for the voyage as well as a surplus for them to come to Canada and get married ). The funny thing is out of some 600 kings daughter's we had 6 in mine and my wife ancestry but this one stood out has she came across with 6 times as much money as others. We don't know yet but we believe she may not of been a poor orphan like many of the others.

I guess this King Louis 14 is responsible for kick starting the population in Canada. Before he sent the ladies over there was 6 men for every women out here. As well there was only 80% that would survive the trip across the ocean back then.

We learned some really cool things researching for the show.