Installing trailer hitches?

siwash

Hey folks,

I might be picking up a boat by the weekend. I've had hitches installed before on other vehicles but I don't have one on my current car.. I forget where I went to get the work done in the past.

Can anyone recommend a good quality and reliable place that installs hitches - and reasonably priced of course!

I am in Vaughan, around the 400 & 7 area (close to BPS)

Much appreciated in advance...

:)

was wondering the same thing, just picked up a sante fe, and need to get a hitch to trailer my little boat and such around.. though i live in Durham / Scugog area..

U haul in oshawa at wilson and taunton, or eastons on the 115 just north of newcastle are your best bets.

I don 't know about your area swordfish, but its not hard at all.

I'll say U-HAUL. They are the quickest, cheapest way to go and they do a pretty good job. You can't beat their price, that's a fact jack! I just had one put on my minivan to haul the boat and I was out of there in an hour and a half.

Thanks guys... will give U-Haul a shot... seems to be the concensus here..

By the way, the boat is a 16' aluminum with a 120HP outboard.. do I need a class II hitch? I figure the package is about 1200-1400lb in total..

What should I install? Do I need trailer brakes?

thanks!!

CALL EASTONS ON THE 35/115 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called every where including uhaul for my 02 pontiac montana

and they were the best in price and service by far......

and they installed it and the wiring harness in about 45 minutes

http://www.eastontruckcaps.com/

Dann

Edited by skeeter

I went to hitch city in mississauga at 401 and dixie for my class 2 trailer. i foget what the total price came to but they were fast. i just called a head to make sure that they had all the parts and dropped it off in the morning. they called me back before lunch.

In the last week I phoned both Van and Truck world in Peterborough and Eastons on the 115. I think prices were comparable. I think the hitch was slightly cheaper at Eastons but the wiring harness slightly more expensive. I think installation was comparable at both. I opted to go with Van and Truck world in Peterborough and ended paying 350 including tax for a class 3 hitch, reciever and wiring harness installed. The ball was an extra 10 bucks. Could of saved about 70 bucks if I installed it myself but I was pushed for time.