Gloucester Pool report

Rizzo

Went to Gloucester Pool Saturday for the first time (thanks Misfish for directions to the launch). After launching in Little Lake we headed straight upstream. All kinds of structure up there...drop-offs, shoals, weedy bays, points, saddles, islands, rapids, trees, docks...you name it. Too bad we only had half the day to explore! Water was approx 60 degrees. We got a few decent pike in the 27-30 inch range, more in the 20-24 hammerhandle range, and some OOS bass. The real kicker is I didn't bring an OFC logo because we caught a walleye that had to be pushing 10 pounds. My buddy took a photo but we didn't actually measure it...either way, it was size large. Other than a walleye I caught last fall trolling a 13 inch custom crankbait (thanks Robin), it is the biggest 'eye I have ever seen. All fish were released. I'm hoping someone from Team 9 goes to the Bay of Quinte, because other than there, I don't think that unmeasured, "un-logo picture taken" fish will be beat! If my friend sends the photo within the next few days I'll post it. Those dang pesky walleye just won't leave me alone...I had actually commented about my "pesky walleye" problem last week when someone else brought up Gloucester Pool and how it is not the place to go to target 'eyes...somehow they manage to find me.

Good job man! I am glad you ignored my advice to hit Gbay, lol

haha actually that advice was to someone else who was thinking about going to Gloucester Pool I think. In that same thread I had commented that if the walleye fishing was that bad there, I should go because I don't care for them. They fight like a wet blanket! We actually had another eye (3-4 pounder) to the side of the boat that we lost...no matter, it wasn't worth a photo and would have been released anywho!