Gloucester Pool

sonicpike

Gbay sounds good.... but I wouldnt know where to start. The last thing that I want to do is spend the day on the water without a fish. Any advice?

Get a map :) GBay is not a place to mess around in (I tore the skeg clean off our 40HP 4stroke Honda because I had a brain fart last year while looking at the chartplotter)

Other then that, the area around Matchedash Bay and Hogs Bay should easily give up a few pike.

Edited by BillM

I was up to the big chute on may 18, so the upper side of the severn in that area. It was nice because they had not yet opened that section of the trent so there was hardly any boat traffic. Anyways i know some good spots in the fall for walleye but not in the spring. We tried lots of different spots that i though looked good on the chart, with not much luck except for rock bass and sunfish. At around 12:30 we decided to try one last spot and we ended getting in to a few nice walleyes and a few good sized crappie to boot. So to answer your question they are biting up there for sure just keep trying new spots. We caught all of our fish on green go get'ers with worms, in about 10-15ft of water. Hope this helps.

wow this is coincidental. I just turned on my computer to get the directions Misfish pm'ed me a few days ago to a launch for Gloucester Pool and I see this thread. We will be after pike tomorrow, not those pesky walleyes. Hopefully I'll have something to report although the negative reviews here are starting to scare me! There is a small chance we fish GBay out from Waubashene instead. I'd like to say what kind of boat I'll be in but I'm going with a friend and we're using his boat. I believe it is a Ranger(?) but not sure. I am sure its wwwaaaaayyyy bigger and better than mine. Lets try this, if you do Gloucester Pool Saturday and see 3 guys in a Ranger come say hello