A Tale Of 2 Back Lakes ~ One Bust, One Boom

solopaddler

Fantastic post solo nice to see the bass active early on in the year. I have a cottage not far from yours near labrinyth lake, im pretty sure you know where it is. I could tell you where there is a nice lake for rainbows

andy

Great to see that you two finally got to meet and fish together after all this time! I'd gladly fish with either of you at any time! Even though one lake was a bust, the adventure was still there...and that's part of the whole experience. Great report and pictures...great looking Pike there Jason!

Totally Awsome Report Solo, What a Bonus Pike and the Bass are not too Bad. Love the Picture of the Predator Kill and liked the fact it took you two trips, the second getting the Canoe. Done that a few times.

Question. Was that Pike on one of the Back Lakes? Disd you know that they could be that Size. Also if it was a Back lake the Pike was caught/ is it a local secret?, or unknown.

Question. Was that Pike on one of the Back Lakes? Disd you know that they could be that Size. Also if it was a Back lake the Pike was caught/ is it a local secret?, or unknown.

Rob the pike was indeed caught in the 2nd back lake. Not a secret lake (there's not many of those anymore), but lightly fished for sure.

In my travels north of Armstrong and beyond I've caught numerous pike that size and larger in some of the tiniest most unassuming lakes you could possibly imagine.

So yeah, the possibility always exists for larger than average pike in these small back lakes.

They're not pike factories so you don't go expecting to catch one, but seasonally the possibility can be quite high that you will.

Wow Great Report Mike looks like you guys had a great time!!! You really gotta let me in on how you get your wife to let you get away on all these trips !!! She must have her hands full with the little ones!!! LOL

She knew who she was marrying! :whistling:

Seriously though we've both got a great deal of respect for each other and we share the load.

(BTW we should get out and fish sometime. :) )

Seriously though we've both got a great deal of respect for each other and we share the load.

Hey Mike thanks for the offer i would be honored to get out with you on one of your great excursions !!! Any time any place ill be there drop me a pm anytime !!!! Cheers BMM

ohh God having met his better half trust me he won the marriage lottery!!!!!

Excellent report and pics Mike :thumbsup_anim:

Man talk about high waters :w00t: Hope there weren't any damage to your cottage or the surroundings.

It's such a beautiful countryside you guys got to hike in, aside from mother nature's sick sense of humour, truly paradise land B)

Jason certainly go into a monster gator :w00t: Congratulations to him :clapping::worthy:

Too bad about not getting into some specks.... I'm sure that you'll get them next time.

Thanks for sharing that awesome trip with us

Leechman

That was an absolute pleasure to read this report Mike.What a beatiful Pike.

I look forward to taking my son on an adventure like that in the near future when he grows a little taller and stronger.

:clapping::Gonefishing: Thank you so much for putting this report together it is a pleasure to have you as a member on this board.

Your contribution is endless same goes for your writing skills .

Now how about this summer's weather :lol: what will this summer bring?

Now how about this summer's weather :lol: what will this summer bring?

In my best hippy dippy weatherman voice:

"Our summer nights will be mostly.....DARK, followed by widely scattered light each morning. Wind? Yes of course!

Much of our weather will be influenced by a Canadian low...... not to be confused with a Mexican high!

Hope that helped. :D