Life on life's terms....

Basskicker

Well as I sit here thinking about this past week, it has been very trying to say the least. Last weekend I had the pleasure of finally meeting the one and only Solopaddler for a few days of fishing up north at his cottage. Thanks Mike, I really enjoyed our adventures.

This week has been rough on my spirit....during the return home on Saturday from Solopaddlers cottage I received a call that my grandfather past away and unfortunately I couldn't attend the funeral back on the rock.

Sunday morning I awoke to call a good friend of mine to share the news about my grandfather and and he informs me that a very good friend of ours past away on Saturday, I'm still in shock about the whole thing.

Yesterday I brought my van to the garage because I had a headlight out, only to find out that I was extremely low of coolant and the rad was toast along with the head gasket :wallbash:.

Man...I tell ya...when it rains it pours!!!

Sometimes I need to remind myself how fortunate I am, I have my sanity, health, job, house, wife and alot of good people in my life today, just so much to be grateful about.

I'm leaving for Northeastern Ontario for 10 days tonight to go fishing and clear my head.....I'll post a report of some monster pike when I get back (hopefully)

Here's my first pike of the year.....decent fish.

IMG_2084.jpg

Cheers

Jason

decent fish? your head could fit inside that guys mouth!! Id say thats an exceptional fish.

To respond to your trying situations........my condolences..................ive been going thru much of the same lately, ive lost two aunts in about a months time., one VERY unexpectedly and one who has been battling cancer. Both very young........low 50's. Also lost a pet within this timeframe, and another pet who is not doing well. You said it, when it rains it downpours. A fishing trip away will do you good, and will give you an even better connection with your lost loved ones in order to look up while floating around in the serenity in rememberance of them. Sorry to hear of all your bad news

Edited by Blaque

Guys. When life turns crappy, look for the good in it.

I know it's hard to just ignore the crap but keep reminding yerself there's good stuff out there, too.

Keep smiling through whatever life dumps on you cuz one thing's fer sure - something worse is gonna happen one day and if you've used up yer worst frown, yer screwed.

Going fishing is good. :D

JF

sorry about the friend.

Car can be fixed, you are right to be greatful for what you have. Glad you see it that way too.

Now about your fish.

Decent???? Are you kidding me?

That is a gorgeous fish!!!!!!