Out with the old

Dara

Well, I sold my boat, and ordered the new one.

Mentioned to an inspector that was looking at some work at our shop the other day that I had some toys for sale.

Turns out he was looking for a 14' boat motor trailer.

After he was done we zipped over to my house, just a few blocks away. The boat was still upside down on the trailer so he could have a good look at the bottom, and what an impressive bottom it is. Motor was in the shop, a bit dusty he says, till I flip the cowling off and its shiny inside.

he makes an offer, I counter, sold. he picked it up and paid me tonight.

So that does it, now I for sure need a boat.

I head to beat up on the Sylvan guy one more time...he is hurting now, even his boss is mad at him.

He needs me to give him a deal on some aluminium for a rack on his horse trailer.

So, 16' Sylvan explorer side console with a 60 Yammie 4 stroke should be in my driveway by this time next week. I had to bum a boat ride with my chum to go for whitefish tomorrow, but I'll pay hi9m back next week.

Not totally painless. After the guy took off with it, I headed out for dinner with my wife and son, daughter is away at school. We did a bit of reminscing about all the good times we had in that boat over the last 12 years. Pulling the kids on a tube, many family fishing vacations, personal best fish caught out of it, exploring lakes and rivers together...sniff, sniff...yep, good times

Not totally painless. After the guy took off with it, I headed out for dinner with my wife and son, daughter is away at school. We did a bit of reminscing about all the good times we had in that boat over the last 12 years. Pulling the kids on a tube, many family fishing vacations, personal best fish caught out of it, exploring lakes and rivers together...sniff, sniff...yep, good times

Sniff, sniff about the future great times ... going faster.

JF

Sounds like a nice boat! You'll love that Yamaha 4 Stroke! :D

I think so. I'm Yamaha all the way. My sled is a yammie 4 stroke too and its great

Don't look at it from the what was lost but rather the what has been gained stand point. There will be many fond memories and PB's to come ;)

Definetly will be good stuff to come,

Congrats on the new 'toy'....like someone else said , those 4-stroke yammies are sweet.

Quick question for ya....how do you fish for whities on the softwater....i'd like to ry that this year....i.e. bait/tackle/ ?

I was out for them today.

We have one lake here in particular that is really good for them. On the bottom in 85 fow.

medium heavy rod. baitcaster with braided line. You don't want the stretch in that depth.

bounce/jig a spoon on the bottom like a wounded baitfish.

red and gold cleo is good, the best today was a good sized sweedish pimple in gold with the bumps on it. You can put a treble on both ends to better your average.

I cleaned some after i got home and they were eating 3" smelts so I went and got a black/silver lead minnow for next week. I think you could do good with a smelt on the spoon but we don't really need to.

We ended up with 20 fish 3 to 6 lbs with a bunch lost. A slow day

PS be ready because they hit like a freight train.