Body of boater found

kickingfrog

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDi....aspx?e=1542303

Body of boater found

Posted By

Posted 7:20am

The body of a 29-year-old Tiny Township man that brought forth an exhaustive week-long search was discovered by the Ontario Provincial Police Underwater Search and Recovery Unit in Penetanguishene Bay last night.

Nick Dusome's lifeless body was located in the area of the bay near North Basin Marina just before 6 p. m.

The exact cause of death has yet to be determined. A post-mortem examination is scheduled for today at Royal Victoria Hospital.

He was last seen April 17, around 12:30 a. m. Friends and family reported him missing last Monday evening after he failed to show up for work. He was last seen in the town dock area in Penetanguishene. He had left Yorkie's Bar & Grill and was presumed to be making a return trip in his boat to Harbour West Marina on the other side of the harbour.

Dusome quickly became the subject of an intense search which included air and water resources from the Joint Rescue Co-ordination Centre in Trenton, along with the Canadian Coast Guard vessel Cape Providence.

Dang ! :(

So... where did his boat go...

Hmmm, Lafontaine area? You tell me where you think the boat went.

I asked a girl in my class with the same last name as Nick's whether they were related and she told me it was her first cousin. I expressed my condolences.

That's unfortunate....but like others have said, good for the family to finally know...now what happened is the question, I hope they're able to get some answers...

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr

That is really too bad, I was hoping he would be alright.

Was he found floating or under water? I'm guessing underwater if it took that long.

Hopefully they find the boat, or someone else does, something I would like back if I was family.

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDi....aspx?e=1546055

This one says they found his boat where his body was?

Boater autopsy inconclusive: cops

Posted By Raymond Bowe

Posted 6:30pm April 29

PENETANGUISHENE — An undercover search and recovery unit was completing its final side-scan sonar sweep of Penetanguishene Harbour when they found what turned out to be the body of missing boater Nick Dusome.

The Ontario Provincial Police dive team arrived on scene last Thursday to assist in the search for the 29-year-old Tiny Township man, who had been missing since the early morning hours of April 17.

His body and his boat were found around 6 p.m., Monday, in about 26 feet (7.8 metres) of water, in the Northwest Basin, west of the northern tip of Magazine Island.

An autopsy performed Tuesday at Royal Victoria Hospital in Barrie was inconclusive in determining time and cause of death, said Southern Georgian Bay OPP Const. Peter Leon. Toxicology tests are pending, which could take several weeks.

Police say Dusome moored his boat the evening of Thursday, April 16, at the Town Dock and went ashore to Yorkie's Bar and Grill. He was last seen leaving the bar around 12:30 a.m., Friday, and presumed to be making the return trip in his boat to Harbour West Marina on the other side of Penetanguishene Harbour.

Dusome — whose boat was his primary mode of transportation to travel from his home to work at nearby Bravo Marine Services — was reported missing the following Monday by his family after he failed to show up for work.

The body and 14-foot fibreglass boat were found directly in line with a trip between the town dock and the marina, Leon said.

"The location where he was found was about two-thirds of the way to where he was believed to be heading," Leon said.

Police also have yet to determine whether Dusome had any safety equipment aboard his boat.

"But being an experienced boater, we believe he would have had what he needed to be legally on the water," Leon said, although a life-jacket has not been recovered.

The OPP's underwater search and recovery team was on the harbour for five days, and the massive search — which covered about 150 square kilometres — included help from aircraft out of CFB Trenton, police marine units from as far away as Parry Sound and several civilian boats.