Musky vs kayak angler VID

Crazyhook

That was awesome Jamie. Thanks for that.

Certainly goes to show just how fast it can happen, even to the best of well seasoned anglers! Hope there was no damage to you or your nerves. As for the muskie, cudos to you for being so concerned of the well being of her too.

As for using the boga grip to lift her outa the water, I'll let you away with it this time. :D

Cheers, Ron...

Ouch! Thanks Jamie, I've been waiting to see this footage since last year. Another good reason to use a lure with a single set of hooks on it when fishing for musky from a kayak. At least then you know where the hooks are, in the fish. I also believe if you hand landed it instead of trying to use the Boca grip thingy you could have avoided the carnage. But that would have made for a much less dramatic video :rolleyes: .

That was awesome Jamie. Thanks for that.

Certainly goes to show just how fast it can happen, even to the best of well seasoned anglers! Hope there was no damage to you or your nerves. As for the muskie, cudos to you for being so concerned of the well being of her too.

As for using the boga grip to lift her outa the water, I'll let you away with it this time. :D

Cheers, Ron...

Hey Ron I did not lift it straight up I supported the fishes belly... better then using my gaff :thumbsup_anim::) I have been fishing musky for a while and have landed many, no need for a what is healthy for the fish lesson

Hey Ron I did not lift it straight up I supported the fishes belly... better then using my gaff :thumbsup_anim::) I have been fishing musky for a while and have landed many, no need for a what is healthy for the fish lesson

They got the coolest footage with that one, I dont think they could of even paid you to get you to "want" to do that for the movie.

the little ones(this was a big little one :whistling: ) are the worse for unpredictability I find. but imagine that would of been a 54 incher ? in the cold fall... with frozen fingers while she thrashes around..

Good job Jamie!! You would not of had that problem with a gaff tho... ;-)

• 3 weeks later...