Wading Shoes

FLEX ROD

Okay here is my problem, my 14 year old son insists on growing like a weed :) and he out grew his wading shoes and his foot is now a size 11 so I can't give him my old shoes and buy new ones for me so where do I go to get the best deal?

Yes I have been in BPS as it is 5 min from me any suggestions as this kid is just 14 and he is not done.

Thanks,

FLEX

Just picked up river fishing this year and got my first pair of wading boots at BPS a few weeks ago

BPS redhead wading boots

Got them when they were on sale for $38, I have never tried other ones so I can't say how they compare but I've no complains so far.

edit: note the prices on the site are USD, i think their CDN regular price is $49.99

Edited by Victor

Okay here is my problem, my 14 year old son insists on growing like a weed :) and he out grew his wading shoes and his foot is now a size 11 so I can't give him my old shoes and buy new ones for me so where do I go to get the best deal?

Yes I have been in BPS as it is 5 min from me any suggestions as this kid is just 14 and he is not done.

My buddy just uses old running shoes. He cuts a few holes for drainage.

JF

Just picked up river fishing this year and got my first pair of wading boots at BPS a few weeks ago

BPS redhead wading boots

Got them when they were on sale for $38, I have never tried other ones so I can't say how they compare but I've no complains so far.

edit: note the prices on the site are USD, i think their CDN regular price is $49.99

I used a pair of felt soled BPS Red head wading boots this year. Absolutely trashed them. Giant tears, they basically look like they've been through a war.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to get these things.. Good luck with yours!!

Hopefully my next pair are a set of Simms Guide boots.

Thanks guys, I saw the readheads and was not crazy about the look hence the reason for this post.

Bill, I am not going to give a 14 year old simms, heck I would make him wear mine first that are .5 size too small and I would get the simms. :whistling: But what would you sugest insted?

FLEX

I used a pair of felt soled BPS Red head wading boots this year. Absolutely trashed them. Giant tears, they basically look like they've been through a war.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to get these things.. Good luck with yours!!

Hopefully my next pair are a set of Simms Guide boots.

Same here....I bought a pair last fall, so far I've worn them about 8 times or so......they are destroyed and in my opinion a complete and utter waste of money.

If you want the "felt" bottom on a pair of wading boots hit the bottom of an old pair of tennis shoes with a disc grinder and glue on some carpet scraps with Shoe-Goo.

Worked great for gripping river rock goo on an old pair of boot-foot waders and some old Nike's I had.