crappie fishing

sleded

Well the wife for once said lets go out in the boat and do some crappie fishing i was like wow mark this day on the calender LOL :lol::lol::lol: so we head out to a few spots with no luck and shes like lets go over to the tree over there with the dock so we head over and first cast i get a nice slab! After that it was non stop and we ended up keeping 20 crappies and letting go 10. They seemed liked they wanted it moving before they hit it and they were in tight to the wood. nice day to be on the water cant wait to do it again bring on the cats!

P1000327.JPG

P1000326.JPG

P1000332.JPG

Nice slabs there, great crappie report haven't seen one this year yet with that size of crappie, those are the biggest I've seen in a report this year! Its amazing how tight fish can sometimes hold to structure. I remember on Stoney Lake in the kawarthas there was this one sunken branch that must have held over 100 rockbass, but you had to be within 1 ft of it.

I also remember my first time fishing, another boater recommended we try under the shade of a certain tree and we spent all day there catching perch. Great report, hope to catch some slabs that size this weekend!

A key note for crappie at this time of year is that they are very bunched up, which is why its a great / best time of year to catch them in numbers, after the spawn they stay in schools but spread out over a wide area of the lake they won't be as bunched up as this till the next spawn.

all those moments when she didn't want you to go fishing was "she wasn't invited" why not fish with the missus....a great fishing partner who will love you no matter what you wear how you swear and oh man even what color underwear you have on after that huge line strike! Yes and a friend to help you eat them and strong enough to vacuum after a hard days fishing ;)

Edited by fishinFanatic69