Here Kitty Kitty..... Meow!

rhare

I spent the weekend down in Niagara hoping to get back into some good steelhead. Well the weather had other plans.

Rain and wind made a mess of the river and it filled with ice Saturday. We vegged in the hotel and planned on playing it safe and going cat'in the next day in the Grand river.

My friend Paul from Cast Adventures had the day off guiding the Niagara with the crappy conditions so we twisted his rubber arm and took him out for the day of fishing where he just got to fish!. What a blast we had! Its been a couple years since I have fished for catfish but what a great time. We landed around 25-30 and lost many more. Eventually we ran out of cut bait.

Dan was the cat whisperer for the day and landed most of the big ones.

Here's a few pics of the cats.

Cat man Dan

GetAttachment.jpg

me with one of my only picture worthy fish

me.jpg

Paul with a good one!

p1.jpg

cat.jpg

d1.jpg

d4.jpg

p2.jpg

p6.jpg

p7.jpg

d3.jpg

d0.jpg

p4.jpg

Paul hamming it up

p3.jpg

sweet fish! although this may sound stupid but all Ive ever used was night crawlers for cats! what is cut-bait>? lol I told you it was a n00b question but is it just hunks of fish? sorry Atleast im honest !

No worries thats what these boards are all about LEARNING :)

cut bait is strips or chunks of dead bait fish.

WOW!!!! those are some big kitties for sure :w00t: Paul's cat on the third pic is a hog..... BIG gut B):worthy:

It sure looks like you guys had a blast but looks a little chilly out there :blink:

Great job you guys and thanks for sharing

Leechman

Interestig... It's odd that so few people in Ontario target cats... In the states there's a cult following

this looks to be a pretty good fishery... Are many people fishing for them?

they are athletes in the water I admire Cats for their fight and the smaller 1's taste good beer battered and fried yummy :wub:

Edited by fishinFanatic69

I'm glad you guys had a great day, I would have fished longer, but I gave you one of three sucker and I ran out of bait.You know when the Niagara river is bad when you see five or six steel header catching cats.

Nice meeting you Steve, and thanks for the meat! Man did you put a hurting on them out there!!!!

If your looking to have a good time catching cats give steve a call http://www.anglersway.net/

No worries thats what these boards are all about LEARNING :)

cut bait is strips or chunks of dead bait fish.

I have received some great tips and read the board constantly and the advice is very much appreciated. That being said how do you rig up the line for the like hook placement and sinker placement. I would think they are right on the bottom. I plan on taking a charter with Steve a little later on to learn about them but would appreciate any tips in advance

nice piggies man! nice meeting u on the grand, i've seen u guys on the niagara too, its too bad it was blown this weekend, was planning on gettin out too.

Nice meeting you too, cats are fun but they just arn't steel!!! Thanks for keeping us on the river for a bit longer too!

Nice meeting you too, cats are fun but they just arn't steel!!! Thanks for keeping us on the river for a bit longer too!

no probs man, if u ever wanna know conditions before making the drive down and finding the river mud just shoot me a pm too.