New little motor for the boat + battery

So it turns out that the motor my papa had was sold to one of his friends so i bought this motor of my uncle that he used on his boat, It's a little 30lb Thrust Minn Kota Endura...And i got the battery that was never used but stored in his basement for 3 or 4 years so I'm not to sure if it's any good. The motor has 5 forward speeds and 3 reverse and it looks great! Any guesses on the year of the motor(uncle is not the smartest guy and doesnt remember when he got it), and what kind of charger can I get for this battery? (Link and price if possible)

100_0508.jpg

100_0509.jpg

100_0507.jpg

100_0505.jpg

Thanks again,

Mike :)

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

I also use the Nautilus charger. I bought it when it was on sale. I tried a cheapo trickle charger that didn't seem to work but the Nautilus did the job for my last year. Also, you can take the battery in to Canadian Tire and they'll charge it and test it for you. I have the same battery and one time it seemed to not be charging up so i took it to CT and they charged it and tested it and it came back fine and since then has charged without a hitch.

I also use the Nautilus charger. I bought it when it was on sale. I tried a cheapo trickle charger that didn't seem to work but the Nautilus did the job for my last year. Also, you can take the battery in to Canadian Tire and they'll charge it and test it for you. I have the same battery and one time it seemed to not be charging up so i took it to CT and they charged it and tested it and it came back fine and since then has charged without a hitch.

O ok, i think i'll go over there some time this week and see if they can so a test for me.

Hey dude - I've had a white endura, probably 7 or so years ago, but yours looks mint. Endura's are black now so yours is likely a few years old. They're pretty much indestructible so you should be good to go! Great little motor.

As for chargers, I've always had the cheapest one I could get from CT.

cheers,

UF

I had that same motor for 6 years, and now my buddy has been using it on his boat for the last 2 years. You should get many years out of it as it looks brand new. I upgraded to the maximizer with infinitely variable speed control. It's awesome when you can control prop speed, sometimes forward speed 1 is too fast, or you can dial it in exactly to fit wind speed for great boat control.

8977100_3215.JPG

I mounted my transducer to the bottom with a bracket made by Eagle for their fishfinders. It's protected by the skeg from rock damage and is safely out of the water when you lift your motor. I mount the fishfinder display on a frisbee so it remains upright and I can place it anywhere in the boat.

Edited by jediangler