Accosted on the highway

HTHM

So there I am, sitting on the side of the road when this fellow goes zooming by horn blaring, lights flashing the works. I end up behind him at a light, and his door opens, he gets out, walks towards me in my van, calls me by name and say I'm radnine from the board. Good thing I let go of my fishbonker.

Nice to have met you, next time let's meet up on the water.

Waiting with the fishbonker....

Jeez. When I walked into Garry's place the first time you both assured me that "Where's the friggin' cold beer" is how OFNers greet newfound friends. I was relieved when you said that to me 'cuz it sure looked like a half-moon (from Garry, cursing on the floor pretending to be a baseboard installing plumber with his butt crack hangin' out) was the order of the day. I considered myself lucky one of the dogs didn't start gnawing on my hind leg while I was avoiding the toxic twosome (Garry2rs & HTHM) doing the last of the sweaty (and I can now safely say the fresh air out on the water was a relief) woodwork installation. It took many beers, a shot of single malt, several (many) glasses of wine, and a very good meal before I started to feel safe, even out on the boat trolling for musky, or pickereyes, shrimp, lobster or anything but green trout (ask Garry) being as how it wuz the day before bass opener.

I feel much safer going to Garry's now, even if Vu chews on my exposed parts and Buck rubs the wet stuff off on my pants. Particularly now that you've gotten into my pants (I mean waders) with yer wife's blessing (she seemed like such a normal girl to be with someone like you). In any event I've now got a veehickle that will pull even Garry's big-bassed boat up those treacherous gravel ramps he insists on using. No more the need to call the neighbour, liable to be in his cups, to bring the 4wd to save our souls.

I'm really looking forward to our next Kawartha g2g. I'll bring the AWD, the scotch and the cold beer (cuz I value all the parts still attached & working). You guys just have to find the fishies and tell me when to cast and when to crank. Life is simple for one like me. :D

If my message is too cryptic, try drinking a snootful before you read it again. I remember it seemed to make sense sitting in Garry's livingroom, or perhaps on his floor. His place is fun if yer constitution is up to it.

JF

Edited by JohnF

"I am your density"....or whatever he said in Back to the Future.

That is the second time I have publicly accosted you Hometown (remember when I yelled at you from the Pier 4 trolley?). We have just proved that advertising works (thats why the government lets you write off your van if you paint your name on it).

I'll see you soon!

Jim

"I am your density"....or whatever he said in Back to the Future.

That is the second time I have publicly accosted you Hometown (remember when I yelled at you from the Pier 4 trolley?). We have just proved that advertising works (thats why the government lets you write off your van if you paint your name on it).

I'll see you soon!

Jim

Yes, and I wet myself each time! :lol::blush: So when we hookin up for some cats?

Yes, and I wet myself each time! :lol::blush: So when we hookin up for some cats?

Sounds like a catfest in the making. Can I play too? I promise to stifle the urge to squeal like a gurl (no offense to those of the feminine gender but I find catfish seriously icky) when I have to touch one of those slimey nasty creatures.

JF

I am not much of a catfisherer John, I have to be honest. But I am sure that we can get together at some point. I am always looking for someone to hit Erie with (when the winds co-operate) in the summer. Hometown, Gerritt, Pure, John F (you can always count on running into Lexxington) we need to exchange phone numbers for the summer. I spent way too many days last summer trying to scrape up someone to fish with (John you retire this summer, no?).

Jim

Edited by Radnine

I am not much of a catfisherer John, I have to be honest. But I am sure that we can get together at some point. I am always looking for someone to hit Erie with (when the winds co-operate) in the summer. Hometown, Gerritt, Pure, John F (you can always count on running into Lexxington) we need to exchange phone numbers for the summer. I spent way to many days last summer trying to scrape up someone to fish with (John you retire this summer, no?).

Jim

Retirement was the plan till my kid made me start a new business for him to run in the future. The good part is that I'm the boss for now and can take off whenever I want. Actually the new business has been great for me. I'm having fun. But that doesn't mean I won't sneak away whenever I get the chance. I'll even go out after slimey icky catfish. :D

JF

Sounds like a catfest in the making. Can I play too? I promise to stifle the urge to squeal like a gurl (no offense to those of the feminine gender but I find catfish seriously icky) when I have to touch one of those slimey nasty creatures.

JF

Try not to be such a Weinie!

This oughtta make ya feel real macho eh?

channelcat1.jpg

Gurly-guys should stick to scuba diving or golf!!!

Radnine... I am in!... PS.... Look for the white F150, with matching Tonneau cover... and an OFC sticker on the rear window... I am on North River Rd (before the Clark Chicken barns)... stop by for a pop sometime!

G

Radnine... I am in!... PS.... Look for the white F150, with matching Tonneau cover... and an OFC sticker on the rear window... I am on North River Rd (before the Clark Chicken barns)... stop by for a pop sometime!

G

I'll keep my eyes peeled and thanks for the invite. I'll see you for sure.

Jim