Site and server maintenance this Saturday

bigfish1965

We will be doing database, software and server maintenance this Saturday night. There may be moments where the site is slow or you get an error.

We will be optimizing the database and recounting and rebuilding site posts, members, etc. So our post and member count will drop to its correct level. Deleted posts and members numbers don't get dumped out of the database untill we do such a thing.

Also attachments not viewed in more than 3 months will be removed..I think 3 months is appropriate. Anyone objecting is free to say so.

We will attempt also to procure more resources for busy days and set things up to give preference to out MySQL server.

It only applies to attached images...not ones posted by URL. Our disc space is now over 60% of capacity, so I would like it to be around 40%. I'll see how much we lose by optimizing and doing up the database first....I know our database is around 30 GB. Hope I never have to do a back up..that will wipe out my transfer from my ISP for the month..lol.

do what ya gotta do, better to have a couple glitches for a few hours, than a day.....or maybe two......oh geez imagine a week, or a month............ deep breaths.....calm down.......everything is gonna be alright

that's alright, it's probably the busiest weekend for me at work so i wouldnt be around anyways, well maybe a quick once over.......... maybe

I really don't understand anything that's going on other than I could go fishing on Saturday and not miss much here. :lol:

yes in my opinion if the whole internet blew up Id still be fishing@ even hang out in Fishing forums to find fishing friends who like myself LOVE fishing! ........so did I mention I love fishing lol.