Snake lure?

Angler16

Fish will eat snakes.

Snakes do swim.

However from a practical stand point a snake lure may be less effective than many other options. My big question would be the placement of hooks on a 10-plus inch lure intended for fish that may be only 2-3lb, and hooking percentages.

Yeah, BPS does carry then... Here's the link ...

Also, go to BassProfessor.Com - he's supposedly the "orginator" of the snake lure... He's also got a few videos on that site, plus on youtube (just lookup Doug Hannon or Bass Professor)

Not too sure on how productive they would be (as others have mentioned; hookup percentage decreases) also... depending on where you are fishing - Do you think there would be snakes in the area?... just a few things to consider before purchasing...

You could do the same exact thing with a long enough Plastic Worm... Just hold the rod tip high while cranking in the lure... thus, keeping the "snake swimming"...

http://www.bassprofessor.com/elite/originalfishingsnake.php

I already got my next shipment in the mail :D As said before they really do work. I caught a bunch of nice bass and a little pike last year on this great soft plastic topwater. If you can LA get some!

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

I went to Florida when I was 15 with my family and came home with a Snake lure. It had a hard hollow head with a hook built into it and you could add just about any type of larger sized plastic worm to it. Pretty good design but not practical for the north with our "smaller" bass. Last time I remember using it was when I cut the hook off and played with the cat in the backyard casting and reeling slowly and watching it stalk and pounce on the snake head.

I was also gifted a box of "flying lures" when I was a bit older. They sat around unopened for about 7 years before I finally figured out that they were great for Pike fishing. The "flying "action looked real yummy to the pike around here and they would just smack them on the drop when everything else including minnows didn't seem to work. They are probably one of the first tube jigs I ever used.

jjcanoe