Car Speaker help

1Harringtona

Hi

About 6 months ago I decided to install an amp and a few subs into my car. All was fine until a few hours ago when I was coming home and I hit a small bump (man hole cover) and my speakers went crazy, they were whining very loud, loud enough that I could not hear the music at all. so when I got home I checked all the wires to see if any were disconnected and yes one of the speaker wires wwas but when I connected the wire back to the speaker the noise continued.

I tried conecting one speakers at a time and the noise persisted then I tried turning the gain on the amp down (didnt work) I tried switching fuses in the amp (didnt work). Basically disconected every wire and connected them again (didnt work).

Also I would like to add this sound is not coming from the alternator as I fixed that problem a long time ago and this whine is 100% worst. Also this sound even happends when I have the car running solely on battery

Any advise would be appreciated as I have exhausted all of my ideas.

Al

hey Al your problem is that you ran your Power, Remote wire, RCA or Speaker wires from the front of the car to the rear all on one side of the car. You have to run Power and Remote wire on one side and the RCA or speaker wires on the other side. The Power wire is interfering with the RCA wires that's why when you step on the gas you will notice that the whining sound will go with the engine's RPM. Make sure you also have a solid ground to the body of the car. :)

After blowing two of my speakers with that whining(buzzing) noise I finally think I found out what was wrong, I was over loading the amp even though I had 3 subs and 4 speakers hooked up to it for a while now. So now I am left with 3 subs and 2 speakers :(

thanks for all the help anyways

PS. all of my equipment I have in the car is

1 Amp from xs cargo

3 subs from xs cargo

4 (now 2) speakers from wallmart

wiring kit (I think 8 gauge) from future shop

Edited by Pikehunter Jr.