Perch/pike

bigugli

Got out to my favourite pond with my good friend Bill. Got there at 8:30 and there was skim ice. Dagnabbit!! :wallbash: Any how, we put on some heavy weights to bust through and start getting perch. Lost a few on the ice , oh well.

DSCN2393.jpg

After 1 1/2 hours the ice finally was gone and the perch shut down. We moved around a bit to relocate the school and found a few more perch. That was it.

Toss out a fresh minnow and before I've got the slack up, the rod bounces. No wonder the perch were gone. Pikies.

DSCN2388.jpg

DSCN2389.jpg

Then Bill got the monster.

DSCN2391.jpg

Between the two of us we got a decent feed of perch and one pike joined the chowder club

DSCN2390.jpg

I know what the puppies and I are having for brekkie tomorrow :D

Good job Bruce. A beauty day to be out with a fishing buddy...and some fish to boot. Can't beat that !!!

I know you and the puppies will enjoy the fish fry...cause I've had fish dinner at your place, and it was awesome.

My perch heaven is about 20 days away from being prime time....so keep the pictures and reports coming to keep me sane.

this was a dirty rotten report!!!!

I don't know why anyone would show someone out fishing on WATER when I have to look out at my lake and see 2 feet of snow and 4 feet of ice below it

I am so JEALOUS

oh yeah, it has warmed up here from -15 this morning to -2 spring is NEVER coming !!!!

this was a dirty rotten report!!!!

I don't know why anyone would show someone out fishing on WATER when I have to look out at my lake and see 2 feet of snow and 4 feet of ice below it

I am so JEALOUS

oh yeah, it has warmed up here from -15 this morning to -2 spring is NEVER coming !!!!

I wasn't ready to give up ice fishing yet. You've got ice!

Great report and pics Bruce. Nice to see Bill took that long needed break from the home renovations to get in a great day fishing :thumbsup_anim:

I gotta ask, how did you get him out of the house???? I've been trying for over a week now :lol:

Bill called me. He didn't want to waste a perfect day.