Rain gear question

kickingfrog

I am looking at replacing some of my rain gear.

BPS has a couple of options that I am considering:

#1. 160.93 KPH Gore-Tex system bibs

#2. Pro Qualifier bibs

I don't see any distinguishing features listed in BPS literature, besides a couple of dollars, what is the difference between the two?

Input please.

Edited by kickingfrog

I'm not sure of the technical differences. Are they both made of Gore-tex?

I have the 100MPH bibs and love them. Most of the guys I guide with have the cabelas guide wear bibs and they leak in the crotch after about a month of hard use.

You won't be disappointed with the 100MPH suit. Money well spent.

Ben hit upon the #1 concern for rain pants.....dry nuts. There is tonnes of pants on teh market, and most are better for standing then sitting. Try them on and then sit down. If the water pools on a zipper don't buy them.

I don't know anyone who doesnt like the 100mph jacket and pants.

...and as far as Frogg Toggs are concerned...he wants REAL rain gear. lolol

-Dave

Ben hit upon the #1 concern for rain pants.....dry nuts. There is tonnes of pants on teh market, and most are better for standing then sitting. Try them on and then sit down. If the water pools on a zipper don't buy them.

I don't know anyone who doesnt like the 100mph jacket and pants.

...and as far as Frogg Toggs are concerned...he wants REAL rain gear. lolol

-Dave

Bingo dave. Standing vs. sitting in the rain makes a huge difference for keeping dry in the mid-section. The BPS 100MPH bibs have a drainage system with a gore-tex flap behind the zipper.

i'm still in the dark ages of bib pants as far as rain gear is concerned But i stay dry lol. No zippers at all, anywhere. Viking rubberized things. In the sun you can sweat in them pretty god. But in the sun i dont usually need to wear them lol

-Dave

Thanks for the help guys. I guess I'll never understand retail/marketing and price points. For me, less than 10% cost difference between 2 very similar products from the same company makes no sense. :wallbash:

And Dawg if I was fishing in 'Bama I'm sure I'd use/need some frogg toggs.

I purchased the BPS Pro Qualifier parka and bibs and have been very happy with it. Have had it two seasons without any issues.

Wife was not too impressed with the price tag of my "fancy fishing outfit" :lol:

Most people I have run into that have tried out both prefer the Pro Qualifier outfit. If you know or fish with someone who has these outfits try them out first. I think thats a good idea considering the cost of this stuff.

I recently purchased the matching snap in liner. I am also pleased with it. Has numerous pockets/zippers and is also GoreTex and 100% waterproof as I found out the other day :thumbsup_anim:

i'm still in the dark ages of bib pants as far as rain gear is concerned But i stay dry lol. No zippers at all, anywhere. Viking rubberized things. In the sun you can sweat in them pretty god. But in the sun i dont usually need to wear them lol

-Dave

I agree 100% ... I bought my Wet Skin suit from CT about 6 years ago and NEVER had a leak of any sort ... ok ... if I leave the hood down I will sometimes get a little trickle down the back of my neck ... wooo just got a shiver thinking about it .... but seriously .. for $135 you WILL NOT get a better suit ... it is quite warm ... which I need when I am fishing in the mountains in spring (in the rain and sleet) ... and most of the time I am sitting/trolling ... never even thought of going in even after 8 solid hours of drizzle ....

I'm using the bass pro qualifier bibs and the cabala's pro qualifier jacket.

The reason for the two brands is the bass pro don't leak and the big pockets

are on the front of the legs.Talk too some people that have torn the pockets on

the side leg.Same reply.Torn them walking through the windshield.

As for the jacket. I'm Brod at the shoulder an have a large back.

The Bass pro would bunch up at the shoulder and become irritating..

The jacket has not leak.

I agree 100% ... I bought my Wet Skin suit from CT about 6 years ago and NEVER had a leak of any sort ... ok ... if I leave the hood down I will sometimes get a little trickle down the back of my neck ... wooo just got a shiver thinking about it .... but seriously .. for $135 you WILL NOT get a better suit ... it is quite warm ... which I need when I am fishing in the mountains in spring (in the rain and sleet) ... and most of the time I am sitting/trolling ... never even thought of going in even after 8 solid hours of drizzle ....

same here . very happy with them and have been in the day long drizzles and heavy ( GBay last year) and I mean heavy rain , with no noticable leaks .

They do make you sweat if you try doing anything more than fishing in them though.

Almost bought the yellow viking Bibs at the Sportsman show , but decided not.

tb