fish report Feb/01/07 (They're hitting hard & furious)

skevys

Sorry I missed my report last night but I missed it for two reasons. #1- I had my fly-fishing group club meeting last night and it was packed in here and I did not get out of here until after midnight. #2- I also wanted to wait until I got back some reports of other areas that we have been fishing and checking out.

Now for the good news. Our areas are safe and we have fish on them, there is a nice batch of them sitting in two of the areas and one area is jamming with them. In fact the one area is so jammed that you can hardly get your jig down to the bottom and you’re on to another one. Most of the fish in this area are small. But with the way things went in past years their either going to leave and it will become tough to find fish or the big ones will move in with them. With the types of currents we are having this year I’m speculating that they will stay. When you come in for your bait I’ll be more than happy to help put you on to some of these areas. The usual areas that people are fishing at this time are still producing fish. Today they were slamming the baits not playing with them.

I have 8000 minnows coming in tomorrow at 12 noon so I should be good with these and what I now have on hand for the weekend. My stock is coming in on a daily basis and with the big delivery I have coming in tomorrow I will be well equipped with your needs.

Anyone that is heading this way for the weekend please drive with caution and arrive safe and sound and be ready to have some great fishing.

We have had some reports of garbage left behind on the ice from some folks, so just remember to have another look around before you leave and let’s take it back with us and dispose of it in its proper place. If you can not find a proper place to dispose it,. please bring it to my store I would be more than happy to get rid of it for you.

Remember have fun be safe and bring back everything you took with you………Ron

It sure would be nice to have some pictures of all these fish that are "slamming" your "for sale" minnows, it would take away alot of the hype/spammy vibes I get from your "reports" and give them a much more realistic feel... heck, if a backwards, backwoods redneck from Po'dunk Alabama like me a can figure out how to post pics...

.. but that's peolly just me.

I give Skevys01 all the credit and believe what he says until I can prove it isn't true myself.

I will usually take someone's word before calling them a liar :)

Keep the reports coming Skevys!

I'd like to get out there but I have been jaded by Quinte. My last 3 ice trips only produced Perch and Pike for me.

That was 3 or 4 years ago and I haven't gone back since :(

Tony

I give Skevys01 all the credit and believe what he says until I can prove it isn't true myself.

I will usually take someone's word before calling them a liar :)

Keep the reports coming Skevys!

I'd like to get out there but I have been jaded by Quinte. My last 3 ice trips only produced Perch and Pike for me.

That was 3 or 4 years ago and I haven't gone back since :(

Tony

Tony time for an OFC roadtrip?

Gerritt.

Yes, I'd love to catch some 'eyes through the ice. I just hated making the 3-4 hr drive out there and getting skunked for Walleye.

If the action is that hot, I'd go back for sure.

Tony

Sharpen them hooks and start a packin'.

Yer a headin' to Beverley, er Quinte.

Yes, I'd love to catch some 'eyes through the ice. I just hated making the 3-4 hr drive out there and getting skunked for Walleye.

If the action is that hot, I'd go back for sure.

Tony

Well we could setup a road trip for a couple OFC'rs to head over there... i would be willing to drive (Pickup with hard tonneau for Gear) and the people that come share expenses...Gas, Bait etc.... makes it easier on everyone say 3-4 guys? Leave real early like 3-4am and depart from the ice around 5pm..

What do you think?

Gerritt.

I can understand where some of you are coming from. So let me explain about pictures, and a little more. First of all I will tell you that I am not a computer person I'm actually sitting here and typing with two fingers, I do not know a lot about them because I'm old school. I'm probably old enough to a lot of you guys father. I have tried numerous times to load my pictures but I have been informed that I need some program to downsize all my pictures that I have taken from my camera. When I have time to get some-one in to do this for me I will send you all pics. to look at.

Sorry for my ignorance and stupidity. But fishing to me is priority one. I'll take care of my stupid ness at another time. Fishing is too good at this time to worry about pics.

Again I do apologize and I will get the problem solved. Thx. Ron

Hey Skevy, you just have to upload whatever pictures you have and they will automatically size themselves now, it might have been different before, I use to have problems but once you do one it gets easy, there are many posts on here giving directions as well. Good luck.