the first full day of spring

Terry

Well Saturday was the first full day of spring

and they say a young mans thoughts turn to something but not being young I just thought about fishing

I decided that going out on the ice may not be a good idea, so I dug out the folding boat

found all the peices and off I went to the river for some crappie or pike or whatever wanted to bite my hook

got it in the water

DSCF3497.jpg

and off I went, I was a little worried as I had to use it as an ice breaker, I wasn't concerned about the boat but wondered if the small electric could push me through it...

well it was just a bit that iced over night and pushed through no problem

DSCF3498.jpg

I tried fishing a lot of areas but got skunked and it was colder then it looked and my hands and feet were freezing

but it was the first of many fishing trips for 2009

DSCF3499.jpg

I had trouble getting back to where I launched the boat, the motor would only work in reverse, turns out the shear pin broke, so the prop spun, but in reverse it would pust against itself and hold enough to get me home..

now it's time to get my big boat home......

Always liked that boat Terry - will it take a small gas motor? Got any pictures of it folded up?

And lastly, what does it weigh?

I think I know where you were - not saying - but from what I hear of all reports - was pretty slow - maybe a week or 2 early!

Thanks for the report

Don

:thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

BPS has them now.They aint cheap.

Norm,theres going to be some pretty upset people when they drive all the way up there and see that.

Why Terry,am I not surprised that yer outing came with complications??????????????LOL

Always an adventure.

Norm,theres going to be some pretty upset people when they drive all the way up there and see that.

Brian...If my memory serves me they take that fence down in the spring and put it back up late fall... :whistling: