IS WHITEFISH TASTE GOOD COMPARE TO CRAPPIE?

CRAPPIE

Whities are yummy!! :P

Real Northern Lake Trout are yummy too!!! :D

Not those grease balls you guys grow down south, but a good northern one like they grow in my area. :lol:

I think Moosebunk has eaten a couple of good northern Lakers and he can confirm their eating qualities.

Ling are as good or better than any fresh water fish out there.

Edited by DRIFTER_016

I've only caught one of them this year, first time targeting them and let me tell you they taste real good. I prefer whities over walleyes to tell you the truth!!

I cooked the whitie filets the same way as I would the walleye, in the pan with butter, salt and pepper and a touch of garlic salt to taste.

Doesn't taste any better than that!!

Leechman

i love all fish! lake trout are great eating just behind specks, specks just have that extra little kick to them that i cant explain. whitefish are alrite i'm not crazy for them but do enjoy eating them. now you cant beat a good northern ontario northern pike, the best out there and i'll take them over walleye any day. and we dont have crappies here and when i was down in southern ontario i caught a few and tried them and they tasted like mud and dirt! the they were the only fish i have ever thrown out cause i couldnt eat it. i dont see a point in going for crappies unless you are getting them for bait or taking the kids out to catch a few fish, they are always tiny and they taste horrible.

Edited by pike slayer

The trick with cooking whities is to remove the brownish liver coloured stripe on the mid exterior of the fillet, if you don't it will taste like :asshat: I would say it's sort of like fresh cod(not the stuff from the grocery store) real fresh.

Exactly.