where to buy carp bait

pxtyson

I second the Fox M alarms. I've had mine for 5 or 6 years and still going strong. I also built my own pod out of copper tubing and bank sticks and it works just fine. Carp are a great filler between trout and bass season. Once you learn to get them on the pod try the fly rod 100 times more exciting, and I've got my biggest (mid 30's) sight casting big leech patterns to these tailing "golden bones".

Scorpion Tackle on the web has all of their pods in stock. From $39.99 up to $180

I bought my bite alarms off ebay. Paid $30 for 2 and they've worked great. Adjustable alarm and volume control. Take 9V battery and have never changed since they went in.

I'm not really sure whether you will see alot of carp stuff at the sportsman show. I went to the Spring Fishing Show 3 weeks ago and there was litttle to none ... only Natural sport (it was either Natural sport or JB, not exactly sure) had a couple of Technium rods (2.5-3lb TC) there for $150.

It's probably a better idea to pay a visit to the Hamilton area.

If you have no reservations on buying something without seeing it, most House of Hardy dealers (Like Natural Sports in Kitchener or Withafly in Mississauga) can order you Chub or Greys rods – They use the same supplier out in B.C. (Highfields).

Greys and Chub are subsidiary companies owned by House of Hardy

http://www.chubfishing.com/en-gb/home/

http://carp.greysfishing.com/en-gb/home/

I personally don’t know any Hardy sales reps or store sales guys in Ontario who know much about the carp product line. If you have any technical carping questions, you’ll probably have to search for the answers yourself on the net. The Chub Outkast carp rods offer brilliant performance for the price of around $125…I might even say the ones I used had an even smoother action than my Shimano Technium.

I am looking for a store as close to milton that I can buy some carp bait from.

I have searched the net and have come up with nothing.

Any ideas?

I am looking for boilies and other items.

I have never carped before and really want to try it.

http://www.canpages.ca/page/ON/milton/lobl...re/4343238.html

You can't go wrong with simple off the shelf corn ath Loblaws (Peaches and Cream is the secret brand).

I went to Bronte outdoors last night and picked up some carp things.

I got a pack of hair rigs that where so tangled I had to cut the hooks and swivels off to make my own

My fault I am a clumsy man

Now I just have to wait for the ice to clear

Says the die hard ice fisher

I went thru the ice last saturday so now am just looking forward to the bank fishing

in terms of carp bait have you tried making your own? i get my stuff at bulk barn. they have all sorts of corn meal and flour and brans that you can kinda experiment on, just be creative and think like a fish... oils and essences they have as wel.

dunno what your budget is but i use a 9' trollong rod ugly stick with a baitrunner on. rod is 45 bucks i think. i got my strike indicator at angling specialties in mississauga...39 bucks i think

the rod pod i am making myself, i am just lucky bec i work at a machine shop i am currently making it. i'll post it when i am done, i only get to it when i have time.

there you go bud...carp fishing is addictive. best of luck to you and tight lines

A little off topic question for the carp guys... Do any of your fav shops carry Drennan mono? I've noticed that it's quite popular across the pond for carp. I'd love to rig up my centerpin with it, but have had zero luck finding any...

A little off topic question for the carp guys... Do any of your fav shops carry Drennan mono? I've noticed that it's quite popular across the pond for carp. I'd love to rig up my centerpin with it, but have had zero luck finding any...

I think Tightlines in Pickering and FishOnline in Toronto might have carried a few spools of Drennan a while back. It's worth a shot to call them to see if they might have some in stock.

Looking at the Top Mix Baits carp and match fishing catalogue as well as the Anglers International web-site, it doesn't look like stores in the GTA have access to the Drennan mono (only the fluoro leaders).

I know Jeff at the Long Sault motel carries products from ESP. Drennan and ESP are pretty much the same company. You might have luck getting a few spools through him. It's best to contact him soon, the shipment of carpy goodies leaves England later this month.

I think Tightlines in Pickering and FishOnline in Toronto might have carried a few spools of Drennan a while back. It's worth a shot to call them to see if they might have some in stock.

Looking at the Top Mix Baits carp and match fishing catalogue as well as the Anglers International web-site, it doesn't look like stores in the GTA have access to the Drennan mono (only the fluoro leaders).

I know Jeff at the Long Sault motel carries products from ESP. Drennan and ESP are pretty much the same company. You might have luck getting a few spools through him. It's best to contact him soon, the shipment of carpy goodies leaves England later this month.

Mike, bad news. FishOnline is no longer open or even there. The store was gutted a couple months ago. But Fish Ontario on hwy 400 (905.832.4566) has some ground bait and don't quote on this, a few Drennan items.

Jeff will be the best person to contact, 1.613.534.2546 as mentioned.

Another option for Drennan items is Ebay.co.uk, the exchange rate is in our favor, I mean a lot lower than what it was. Make sure the seller ships to Canada, not all of them do.

Edited by DanielM