Hi-speed is finally here!

Jer

I received a message yesterday from Bell Technical Solutions letting me know that hi-speed is finally available through the phone line. I can now join the 21st century.

By the end of the week, I should have my start-up package, self-explanatory from there she tells me.

I signed up for the 2 Mb/s package at $29.95/month (no contract). Are these speeds realistic? Right now, I'm lucky to get a connection at 44 kb/s so any improvement will be significant I imagine.

Cable has never been an option here.

Nexicom wireless teased me a couple years back, but my signal wasn't strong enough. My neighbour across the road, up the hill a bit, apparently just got set up with them.

This call from Bell really came outta nowhere.

XPlornet Sattelite "high speed" here baby...I get a whopping 600 to 800 kb/s connection, and when I download or upload to much (usually once or twice a day) they crank me down to 28k for an hour to "make it fair for other users".... and for all of this excellent service, I only pay $100.00 a month! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Can't get Bell High Speed, or Cable. The Rogers "speed stick" only get's a connection 8 KM down the road, but not at my house. I'm living in an internet dead zone...good thing I need it for work on a daily basis! Had I known it would be this bad I wouldn't have purchased the house.

Anyways, congrats, I'm very jealous.

cheers,

UF