Beware Bad Pressure crack

steelhedrmatt

Just wanted to let everyone know to beware of a bad pressure crack straight out from the 10th line of Innisfil. My buddy put his quad through a spot that looked like a good crossing, but was in fact where the crack opened up and refroze with skim ice. With a little snow, was not pretty. We marked it with a long cedar fence rail sticking straight up.

The good news, with a little team work, help from some nice guys sledding by, and a good come-along, we saved the bike.

BTW The fishing sucked for us today.

Be careful out there!!

We watched yesterday as 2 guys rode their sled into the crack....both got soaked and went to a hut to warm up,as others came to help out....the sled had to be pulled out by a pick-up,which was drivin' by a local yocal,who in turn ,unhooked from the sled and zipped across the crack just 15 ft away,to show where those 2 should have crossed....We heard of a truck sitting on the bottom in 100 fow just 50 yds from where this went on.....WATCH IT FOLKS....and use your head for more than a hat rack.....TC and tight lines....Chuck.......P.S....We'll be back out there today to watch the festivities.....(North-east of the park,near the pack of huts....)

A buddy of mine was telling me a big deisel went right to the bottom somewhere out there yesterday too. Its in 50-60FOW.

Gotta watch those cracks guys. Get out and poke around before you cross them, and for GAWD SAKES SLOW DOWN OUT THERE!!!!! This snow is only gonna make it worse, and theres lots of movement out there. Just because you crossed a spot in the morning, doesn't mean its ok on the way in. GET OUT AND CHECK IT!!!!

Sinker

Well the vid didn't work, but here are a few pics from the recovery.

IMG_2278.jpg

MVI_2279.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg

MVI_2283.jpg

MVI_2285.jpg

MVI_2286.jpg

IMG_2287.jpg

Please be careful out there, and don't go alone, and most of all good luck!!

BTW. Checked my waypoint on mapsource and it was only 8ft. deep. right on top of a shoal.

Edited by steelhedrmatt