I found a boat !!!!

Lunker777

Hey everyone

Well I think the search for a boat has ended, One of the mechanics at our sister store, who I never met till yesterday has a 14ft sears aluminum he wants to sell. I didnt get any pics of it though.

He wants to sell it and a 15HP Chrysler engine for $1000. I have to find a trailer though... I think its a pretty fair deal. What about everyone else ?

I have yet to see the motor but he claims it runs well. He also said the boat has no leaks.

I just wanted to get some opinions on the price ? Like I said, it looks to be in good condition, and he has also replaced the transom.

Does any one know what these boats are rated for ? There is a plate on it that says " Max. engine size" but thats all it says hahah there is no number or anything.

Thanks for the input

This is just me speaking here.

WAY OVER PRICED.

The boat is old and the engine ,you will be lucky to find parts to fix it.

Sorry to burst yer bubble.

Buy the boat,but not the motor.500 is a fair price but I would offer 300 due to it,s age. You can do better on the motor end.

This is JMO.

Just to say something about the boat...I have a 12 ft Sears Fisherman from the late 60's, it has never leaked, got it from my grandfather and it has bin there and back let me tell ya...I have been looking for a 14 ft for years just can't find one.

Motor on the other hand...pass on that one.

From the Niagra fishing forum

4' Aluminum boat w/5 h.p. Evinrude

View Member Profile

post Today, 11:19 AM

Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members

Member No.: 2,404

My brother is selling a 14' Thorne aluminum boat with a 5 h.p. Evinrude for $600.00. If you are interested, reply with your phone number and I'll put you in touch with him. It can be seen in St. Catharines.

Looks like a better deal

I've got an old 12' Sears boat I got from my wifes grandfather and he told me he bought it used in 1968/69 and its still in great shape. Takes on some water once in a while but its a great little boat,not sure its worth paying for one though. I'm going to buy a new boat and pass this on to my son.

I bought a 14' aluminum boat three yrs ago now with trailor for $250. at a yard sale......Actually it was not in the yard sale it was sat outside covered with a tarp. I asked the guy if he was intersted in selling the boat too me he asked me how much was i willing to pay....I said $250. and he said sold......I have had that boat out every yr since,..... best $250 i ever spent. :thumbsup_anim: No motor mind but i picked up a beauty 9.9 Johnson in pristine condition for $350. Purrs like a kitten.

So total was $600 and i luv it..... :Gonefishing:

There are better bargains out there. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by nautifish

Offer him 650 for it, boat and motor. Why not at least make a low offer and see what happens...that is after you have given the boat an inspection.

The motor, if it runs it will be OK, parts should be available for the motor if needed. Just remember that if the motor needs to be serviced by a shop you can easily spend what it's worth just on repairs. As for the boat, it's aluminum not too much to worry about.

Edit: Just re read your post....Oh! It's a Chysler motor. Offer him $350 and you'll be kind to him and take the motor off his hands for nothing.

Edited by pikehunter

Just re read your post....Oh! It's a Chysler motor. Offer him $350 and you'll be kind to him and take the motor off his hands for nothing.

Hahahaha Yea I was thinking the same thing, sounds like the motor is kinda dead weight so I think thats what Ill do... Low ball him, not to offend him, but just to say, listen, I dont need the Motor, It isnt worth anything to me.... if he wants to take it, he can, if not... we shake hands, have a beer, and move on with the search

Edit: Just re read your post....Oh! It's a Chysler motor. Offer him $350 and you'll be kind to him and take the motor off his hands for nothing.

Not sure of the Chrysler motor bashing, i've had a 9.9 Chrysler for 27 yrs. now which still starts on first pull and has had very little maintenance. Gone through Johnson and Evinrudes which have worn out during that time.

5 or 6 hundred dollars if everything checks out isn't so bad an offer. You will still need a few hundred dollars for a hitch and trailer. Good luck :canadian:

Tell me its sat outside the Dover peir???? KILLIN!!!!!

Good lord I miss perch fishin!!!!@!!!

lol Not at this very moment no......But i have had alot of fun times traveling and fishing with my Tinnny.....

I willl be perch fishing on th Bay tommorow... :thumbsup_anim: