Simcoe Feb 14,15,16

12footspringbok

Well a pretty good weekend on simcoe. Anyhow i'll give you the rundown.

Friday night i wasn't sure where i was going to head put for saturday morning. Woke up saturday morning 5:30am debated on going to the fishing for tyler event. So, gave the old man a call at 5:45am (AKA Fisherman) believe it or not he does go fishing from time to time! He picked me up we headed to innisfil registered for the event jumped in the argo and decided to go for a tour around the north end of fox island to search for some lakers/whities. Poked some holes in a few spots from 40-90 feet marked a few fish, but nothing really doing. So around 9:30 we figured we'd head back and try to find some perch. So we started heading back and inbetween the islands and the west side my dad says lets just stop here for a few minutes. So we stoped threw the finder down and started marking fish right away! What a fluke, not two minutes later i pulled up a 4 pound white. So needles to say we set up and started fishing serious. Over the next 1-2 hour we lost 3-4 more and my dad caught a nice white on the ultra light. Packed it in at 11:30 and headed back.

Sunday my dad and i decided we'd head out to the same spot as the day before. Set up at roughly 8:00am. Marked a few fish on the finder but not a whole lot. So, i decided we should head off another 500 yards or so away the whitefish couldn't have gone far from the day before. Almost five minutes after we set up we started marking a tonne of fish. The action was good for about an hour then it died right down. We each ended up getting one whitie each, and my dad lost a nice one that just kept peeling the drag like crazy!

Today i hooked up with a friend of mine who isn't huge into fishing but wants to get into it more. I told him we should get into a few fish but no garantees. Went out the the same spot as sunday set up by about 8:00am started marking a few fish immediatly. Fish were checking out the bait but not biting. Around 10:00am the fish came through thick and started hitting pretty aggressivly. I ended up getting four with a nice personal best 6+pound whitie. My friend did get one little guy that we let go to grow bigger and stronger for another day.

Pretty good weekend on simcoe nice weather nice fun derby on saturday couldn't ask for much more!

firstdaywhitie.jpg

dadwhitiefight.jpg

dadswhite.jpg

Honestly, a mixed bag, Silver/gold WWF, a Bad Boyz with a rubber and #6 hook/medium minnow and splitshot up about a foot. I went back out today, hardly marked any, no takers, no stinky fingers, just a pleasant Argo ride.

At least I know who 12foot belongs to now! lol You two did well in comparison to most of us out there!

On that argo fisherman.. what's the regs on it... licence plate/ownership/insurance. Same as a sled.. same as an ATV... same as a boat.. or .. lol

Edited by irishfield

At least I know who 12foot belongs to now! lol You two did well in comparison to most of us out there!

On that argo fisherman.. what's the regs on it... licence plate/ownership/insurance. Same as a sled.. same as an ATV... same as a boat.. or .. lol

Yes, licence plate, registration and insurance, lord knows I tried to convince MTO that because it floats it should be classed as a boat, naw, no such luck, but at least it's a non expiring plate for $35.