Big players are buying fishing line companies

Garry2Rs

Here are a couple of fishing line notes of interest:

Rapala has bought Sufix and will now distribute their products world wide.

Shimano has bought Power Pro and will market their products world wide.

Edited by garry2rs

Guest skeeter99
Here are a couple of fishing line notes of interest:

Rapala has bought Sufix and will now distribute their products world wide.

Shimano has bought Power Pro and will market their products world wide.

well looks like rapala bought another dead horse LOL!!!

now who do you think in a year or two will have a line for sale to the highest bidderr ??? because it tanked

aint gonna be shimano

now who do you think in a year or two will have a line for sale to the highest bidderr ??? because it tanked

aint gonna be shimano

I have only tried Sufix braid, they make a very good braided line IMO. Do not know about there mono though.

Better than the Power pro, it will not fray like PP and no wind knots at all.

Now since Rapala bought it it should be more readily available. :thumbsup_anim:

Jose

Guest skeeter99
I have only tried Sufix braid, they make a very good braided line IMO. Do not know about there mono though.

Better than the Power pro, it will not fray like PP and no wind knots at all.

Now since Rapala bought it it should be more readily available. :thumbsup_anim:

Jose

you must have bought some of that counterfeit power pro going around stores and online it does not fray and I have never got a knot using it for years

suffix readily available??? it is every where man even fleas markets sell it

ctc/wal mart every bait shop I have been in sells the crap probably a reason it is on the shelves LOL!!!!

Edited by skeeter99

you must have bought some of that counterfeit power pro going around stores and online it does not fray and I have never got a knot using it for years

ctc/wal mart every bait shop I have been in sells the crap probably a reason it is on the shelves LOL!!!!

Let see if I remember correctly (getting too old) I bought at Lebarons (40lb @ 500 yds) a year ago.

Wierd though the 20lb (power pro) does not fray.

The only place that I saw Sufix Braid for sale was at Bass pro.

Jose

aint gonna be shimano

I started using suffix a year ago and love the stuff, I first started using it because it is huge in florida and decided to give it a try

I don't think CTC or walmart sells suffix. Are you confusing suffix with stren or something else?

Hello again Garry2rs,

As you know I've spoken to a lot of fisherman in the past two months concerning the attributes of different SUPERLINES.

A surprising number of fisherman that tried the Suffix braid did not go back to Power Pro. They found that it was a superior line.

I can't give a personal opinion because I haven't tried it yet, but to some of the nay sayers on this board I would say " Don't knock it till you try it " :wallbash: . Remember, manufacturers are coming up with new products every year. Things change and improve.

If you love Power Pro and it makes you happy, use it, but don't knock the other brands until you try them.

What I like about you garry2rs is that you keeps an open mind and are always researching new products. :Gonefishing:

Regards,

BigGuy :)

A surprising number of fisherman that tried the Suffix braid did not go back to Power Pro. They found that it was a superior line.

If you love Power Pro and it makes you happy, use it, but don't knock the other brands until you try them.

I can't give a personal opinion because I haven't tried it yet, but to some of the nay sayers on this board I would say " Don't knock it till you try it " wallbash.gif . Remember, manufacturers are coming up with new products every year. Things change and improve.

I don't use it myself either but I do know they're very popular with the bluewater fishermen down the west coast, across the gulf in the south, and over in australia. It's far from being an obscure product. I read in a magazine not too long ago that sufix has captured around 1/2 the US market in total superline sales. That stat could also be skewed a bit if it's determined by the yardage since their fans are coastal/offshore fishermen and some of their bigger reels will hold 1000-2000 yards of line, if you know what i mean.

I have tried the Suffix mono, Siege, Elite and the Camo, from float/Match fishing, to huge carp 30+lbs, to pike etc.... Their braid is really impressive, but I also like the PP. Between the PP and Suffix, they both perform well.

Edited by DanielM