Frenchmans Bay Ice Fishing?

urbanangler1990

we use to fish it ...maybe 20yrs ago and we caught panfish,bullheads and the odd small pike,i have heard that for the last 10yrs ago there is crappies in there but i dont know that for sure..its generally only 4-10ft deep in most places there is perch and rock bass in there as well..hope this helps and dont be afraid to try it we did along time ago just for the heck of it and had fun catching all those panfish..cheers :D:Gonefishing:

I used to icefish Frenchman's in my early teens (58 years ago)...A buddy and I would buy 25 cents worth of emerald shiners from Skinner's on Saturday, take the bus out hwy 2 early Sunday morning then walk down to the bay and chop holes in the ice with a hatchet...used to get lots of perch and bluegills and the odd pike using homemade tip-ups...

Fast forward to the late sixties and I would give Simcoe a try for whitefish in the morning and if no luck I would take my kids down to Frenchman's for panfish with the minnows we had left over...I've seen it so good that I would have to take a couple of lines out of the water so I could keep up with baiting their hooks...

Have often wondered if anybody still icefished there...over by the south west corner was usually the best area way back when...