BigFish Report

douG

I was frustrated in trying to reach Rick OBanion by pm or email, and a mod or two had no more information about Rick's situation. So we ended up chatting on the phone for a while tonight.

Rick has been well, but well medicated for kicked in the nuts pain for a month or two, almost finished the wind-up, and the land of the living starts on Friday. He is back to work part time and sounds his normal, warm, generous self ;) . He spects to be back on duty in a few days here at OFC.

I also asked about how the auction wound up, and if he'd gotten all the auction payments. Rick told me that every single promise was kept, except one, and never mind about that one. So, everyone square up. And thanks.

The plans we made to reclaim our Lakair pike trophy all had the same problem: Rick no longer has a boat. I can't say more, except the key is that we will somehow trick Roy and sneak away in his boat.

I have a couple of ideas.

Edited by douG

Rick told me that every single promise was kept, except one, and never mind about that one.

OH OH, it appears that I'm the moron that didn't uphold his promise to Rick and I feel absolutely terrible about it and apologize wholeheartedly to everyone involved for my stupidity.

I made out my cheque way back in December but it seems I somehow forgot to mail it and only just realised it 2 hours ago.

I was telling my wife this morning about your post douG, and saying that Rick appeared to be on the road to recovery, and Diane said that it seemed strange that my cheque still hadn't cleared the bank. Well that got me thinking, and I started rummaging thru a bunch of papers I have here and sure enuff, there was the cheque that I'd written still sitting exactly where I'd put it 2 months ago.

Rest assured though, that the cheque will be in the mail this morning, and I'll also contact Rick and explain things to him too.

As Nanook says......it must be an age thing :blush:

Again, I apologize to all involved

If there's one person that no one should worry about in the commitment department Lew, it's you.

Thanks Roy, and my forgetfullness also explains why Diane is the one who always looks after paying all the bills around here :lol:

Thanks Roy, and my forgetfullness also explains why Diane is the one who always looks after paying all the bills around here :lol:

Glad it turned out to be you and you 'fessed up right away, cuz my first thought was "Oh crap, did I forget to mail the cheque?" :blush:

As for you being the one to screw up, for whatever it's worth my first thought was definitely not "Yeah, sure" when you posted. Although we've never met I just don't get the sense that you're the piker type.

And that being said, I'm impressed with the group as a whole. Having been involved in these kinds of ventures before there seems invariably to be someone who cheats, for whatever reason. Good for OFC. :worthy: That's a cheesy little icon but it really fits sometimes.

JF

lol glad to see I'm not the only one in that boat! My wife likes taking care of the finances and such, which I have ZERO interest in... Life's been much smoother since we hooked up! :thumbsup_anim:

Was out on the ice last sunday with a few guys and we ended up pulling up 5 18 inch brookies. missed a few bites and one other larger one. NOrthern ontario for you MATACHEWAN.. if i can get the pics off my phone ill put them on here

:dunno::dunno:

Good to hear douG.

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE

Lew Lew Lew not to worry. I will get old to ,and forget things. If that makes ya feel better. :blink::lol::lol: