Winter project

bigugli

Although softwater is a long way from now. Cold blue bird skies are perfect days and nights for making tackle. So I started working on my variations of a worm harness. I haven't been able to work for a couple of years now, so this helps to pay for the fishing bug. I also use them heavily as a search bait in the boat.

Because I fish where there are lots of pike, I've opted for a coated wire vs. floro or mono leaders with lazer sharp hooks

DSCN2320.jpg

Step 2 is the hardware, beads and blades.

DSCN2321.jpg

Final step I add a modest bucktail streamer to complete the rig.

DSCN2322.jpg

And of course the final end result.

DSCN2021.jpg

They catch fish, and making them keeps me out of trouble

Great stuff Bruce! Wish I had the patience for that... but I don't.

I never used to have any time for anything. Playing with tackle sure beats watching most of the crap on TV these days. Even I can only handle so much WFN before I start twitchin :wacko::lol:

As to jwl's question. Yes I do plan on being at the Niagara show.

The ugliboy harnesses are the only thing I've seen Bruce use to drift a river with his ultralight uglystick and 6 lb diameter braid (not an ugli brand, lol) and he does quite well. Better than me since I'm always catching more weeds than anything. :blush:

Once in a while I do catch something worth while other than rockbass and back in the drink it goes for this elusive fish in some areas of our region. Not a biggie, but the stocking program seems to be doing well. The white pattern worked on this day and Bruce also has some tied up with trebles for pike bait. :thumbsup_anim:

:Gonefishing:

RiverWalleye.jpg

Edited by rockfish

• 3 weeks later...

Great job Bruce!!! I'll definately have to get a few of those from you :clapping:

We'll have to get out and try that walleye spot we've been talking about soon. :whistling:

I'm heading down there in a little while to check it out. I'll let you know the conditions a little later on ;)