New Lowrance HD units

bucktail

Looking to upgrade the electronics on the boat this year and have always been a Lowrance guy.

Has anyone out there gotten there hands on one of the new Lowrance Hd models this year?

I havnt seen them in stores yet but then again I havent been looking much since xmas, any impressions would be appreciiated.

Darren

hey guys i just bought one at bass pro this week.. i got the hds-7 and it looks awsome..my warehouse is just around the corner from them and i pop in every other day or so...they were setting one of the hds-7 up and i waited till it had power...checked it out and bought one on the spot...they had 3 of them at the time...the hds-5 were on back order..i paid $1100.00 + tax and she was mine... cant wait to hook it up to the boat...

HDS-7 was the one I was thinking about, did the one you picked up come with the Insight Lake Maps?

Also how much is the Sirius option?

Thanks

D

i have the insight maps and i think they said $30.00 for sirius per month...it s an awsome unit although they all need an upgrade comming soon by lowrance via internet...

Yes i am looking forward to seeing one myself !!! the people at lowrance said its totally more advanced than anything on the market right now,and you can even have google earth,as an overlay with the navionics displayed at the same time,its awesome,and im sure they put alot of r& d into it,so much so they said that all other unit models are being phased out in a year or 2 except the ice fishing units,they say it will be years before anyone catches up,that being the competition that is !!!! i wasnt sure if they had all the prices all figured out yet,but i guess the do,i hear the 12inch models will be around $3,000 and maybe more !!!!

I was seriously considering the new HDS units but decided against them as I knew they will have tons of software issues in the first months/years and when spending $300 extra (vs. same size regular Lowrance unit) software problems are the last thing I want to deal with....

Just read on another forum the first HDS units are out and guess what........

Already a software issue! New units will not accept navionic chips!

A software update to come out soon!

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

this is true but will have update by end of feb acording to lowrance rep... i was told that the chips were not excepted before i bought the unit....i have the hds-7 and the screen is actually smaller then the lcx-27 by half an inch..but you cant compare the two..the hds is 100 times better visual quality and tons more options... i dont mind waiting for the updates my boat wont be in the water until may so i have lots of time.....also you can download updates into your unit in less than a min with your usb right into the back of the unit..you dont even have to take it off the boat if you have one of those usb sticks... and dont forget with these units everytime there is new downloads through the years you can get them ...that makes this unit compatible and a greater value and it also meens this unit will not become obsolite...my other lowrance unit is the same way i bought it..no downloads available for it so it never got better it just stayed the same....

Edited by walleyemaster

hey guys i just bought one at bass pro this week.. i got the hds-7 and it looks awsome..my warehouse is just around the corner from them and i pop in every other day or so...they were setting one of the hds-7 up and i waited till it had power...checked it out and bought one on the spot...they had 3 of them at the time...the hds-5 were on back order..i paid $1100.00 + tax and she was mine... cant wait to hook it up to the boat...

WM,

I'm looking forward to seeing your new HDS-7 when we go Salmon fishing together this year.. ;):thumbsup_anim:

The new HDS line have many new features and a built-in broadband sounder so in many situations you are actually saving when you consider the cost of an external broadband sounder. HDS units will need a software patch that allows the Navionics charts to work. It takes time for Navionics and their hardware partners to develop and test a solution for new innovate technologies. Everyone that uses a computer has to download and install updates as technologies, features and hardware change. Many of the GPS and Sonar units today are no different than a computer.

I am glad a company like Lowrance allows me to continually update my units as they offer software enhancements that provide me with better fishing features.

-sheldon

Edited by eye-tracker