Zippo Hand Warmer

kentooley

They're useless, they don't stay lit if you keep them in your pocket.

....Yep, what Mike said. I had one many years ago, damn thing would never stay lit and everytime I went to use it after a few days of storage it would need refilling.

I just bought one as a present for my Dad. Not sure if he's used it but they claim they're better than the old models and use .4 ml of fluid or something like that and no flame.

I got it on ebay like previously suggested. Couldn't get one in Canada anywhere and zippo won't ship them to here.

Either way, they're cool and for some reason, I love zippos of any kind....like Harley for others I guess.

Cheers

http://www.coghlans.com/catalogue/productList.php?catID=5

I have used this type for several years. Work great as far as I'm concerned. I lit up both ends in the truck let it stay open for a few minutes while I finish loading up the boat. Stuff em in my breast pockets and when my fingers got numb from casting, My pockets were always toasty.

http://www.coghlans.com/catalogue/productList.php?catID=5

I have used this type for several years. Work great as far as I'm concerned. I lit up both ends in the truck let it stay open for a few minutes while I finish loading up the boat. Stuff em in my breast pockets and when my fingers got numb from casting, My pockets were always toasty.

A buddy of mine has been using the same/similiar one for years and loves it. Never had a problem with it staying lit and it does keep the hands toasty.

Tested the fuel version and the stick version last year and concur with the prevailing opinion. The fuel ones get nice and hot but ONLY when given proper air flow and yes, they dry up when not in use. The stick versions need a minimal amount of air flow, heat up well and the replacement sticks are not pricey. I considered the battery style but after estimating how many batteries I would use in a roughly 2 week period......to costly for me and not very enviro friendly.