Top secrett information simcoe ....

codered

I fished last week in my hutt 66 ft water . fished most of the week and fishing was not as good as I have seen it in the past..

Having read the posts I think that I am fishing in to shallow of water..

And not fishing any real structure..

Im not asking for real top secrett information butt just a little help on what to look for to find schooling whitefish

what are some key elements like structure, time of season depth ?..

I have the week off to fish and would like scout for a better location..im in the keswick area ....

thx for any help ill post my weeks findings..

Guest gbfisher

They can be in 20 fow and 110 fow at the same time. Food dictates where they will be. Certain spots are better than others like shoals and flats.

You have to keep looking for them until you find them like GCD said. If you fish a spot for longer than 15 mins and dont mark anything MOVE!!! Keep moving until you get on the fish. The next time yer out. Start where you left off.

Was out yesterday and limited out before 10 am....myself anyway. :D The others with me didnt do as well but did catch fish. Other people only 50 yards away didnt mark any fish while we marked consistently all day until we left. We walked out by the way.

Keep at it.

Yep, mobilty is the key. Don't sit and wait for them to come to you, go to them. If your not marking within 30 mins, keep going. I like to stay away from crowds, the middle of nowhere seems to work best for me. I usually head out past all the groups, and start in the middle of nowhere......nobody around for miles. I never fish structure.......just the middle of nowhere......kinda wandering aimlessly. I usually move about 500m at a time.

I find the williams brings them around, the badboys get the job done..........so far this season anyways. Last year it was the williams all season, the year before it was set lines........every season is different...locations, baits, jigs........just keep atter.

Sinker

I fished last week in my hutt 66 ft water . fished most of the week and fishing was not as good as I have seen it in the past..

Having read the posts I think that I am fishing in to shallow of water..

And not fishing any real structure..

Im not asking for real top secrett information butt just a little help on what to look for to find schooling whitefish

what are some key elements like structure, time of season depth ?..

I have the week off to fish and would like scout for a better location..im in the keswick area ....

thx for any help ill post my weeks findings..

Thx for the advice guys ..

I started fishing on monday left shore on the sleds @ about 8 am moved around every half hour. First off found 70 fow and went on from there..

Rolled 3 nice size fish right away then nothing all day drilling holes around fox and snake isl ...

then around 330 fish on ?????? in 73 fow . Perch? thats a first for me .. any ways continued to fish and landed 6 more perch all over 10 " on 3" half and half hammered williams ,They all went back in , dissapointed but determined so did I as it was getting late .. Most spots had 12/14 " of ice except just west of the islands I found 7" of ice ....

Day 2...

woke up with a soar shoulder from hand augering all day and away we went again ...

After reading over the map the night before I was determined to find 70 ' fow in the middle of nowhere...

So thats exactly what we did ,

Within 5 min of fishing laker landed rolled a few others then limited out by noon what a great day to be out sunburnt face limited and sucess....

thx guys...

IMG_0001.jpg

Going out thurs morning ill post my findings