pikin' again

waterwolf

it's sunday ,, don't like fishing on a work day \ night but the conditions were perfect for a trophy. even got better when i reached the lake ,,, noobboooddddddy. silence. really nice calm mornin' ,,little wind .

got a good hook-set on this beautiful girl at about 9:00 and she was back in the swim of things not 2 minutes later.

what a beautiful strain this is,,, very dark and quite defined . great to watch her go back ,unscaved.

34 in. pike on a dead- bait sardine ,, in 9 fow.

tight lines.

sunset.jpg

pike.jpg

pike2.jpg

yes jacques , she fought like a freight train . this really surprised me 'cause she hit very lightly 3 times . expected a hammer.

set the hook on the third tap and she took a good off on a good run . thank god for braid . she was still making some strong

runs once she got near the hole ,, that's hard on any line. got a 39in. outta this same lake {pond almost] last year and "heard "

someone released a 44in. that'll keep you out there a bit longer even on the slow days .

yes jacques , she fought like a freight train . this really surprised me 'cause she hit very lightly 3 times . expected a hammer.

set the hook on the third tap and she took a good off on a good run . thank god for braid . she was still making some strong

runs once she got near the hole ,, that's hard on any line. got a 39in. outta this same lake {pond almost] last year and "heard "

someone released a 44in. that'll keep you out there a bit longer even on the slow days .

Cool.... got to love them big gators to react that way. B) It seems that the snot rockets gulps your bait and takes off but the big girls somehow will sniff it out first before taking off like a freight train.

and yes it will have you stay a little longer out there on a slow day for sure.

Again congratulations on a beauty catch :clapping:

Jacques

thanks for the spelling check clamp-it.. it was getting to be a long day at 18 or so hrs.

i'm up every day at 5:20. good to know your payin' attention.

i should hit the sack soon or i might make another spelling error it's another 18 hr. day.

thanks

Edited by waterwolf