Bow Hunting Record - Moose - NF

Leecher

Hey guys.... found an incredible bow hunting story in the Montreal journal today. This guy Real Langlois from Quebec is a bow hunter and hunts for moose in the Yukon.... the last 5 years been able to land trophy bulls..... was not able to get the electronic version and scanned the pics..... check it out..... incredible :w00t:

His web site is mentioned on the first pic

Lhommepanache2004.jpg

Lhommepanache2005-06.jpg

and his 2008, measured 76" :w00t: and when the drying time was over, was 75".... world record supposedly check it out

Lhommepanache2008.jpg

The same one from his web site

76pooucereal.JPG

The journal calls him "l'homme panache" I wonder why :lol:

Thought I'd share

Leechman

amazing hunting... but come on does the guy really need to blast away a trophy EVERY year

Who goes hunting to shoot a small one ? Thats what seperates a good hunter from an average joe hunter. Being able to shoot trophy animals year after year.

Is he the guy that has a moose hunting video ? his name is Real and it is all dubbed voices into english.

I just flipped to wild tv and found the answer to my question . His tv show is called THE RACKMAN. he is also a guide.

Who goes hunting to shoot a small one ? Thats what seperates a good hunter from an average joe hunter. Being able to shoot trophy animals year after year.

this is what seperates hunters from non hunters...I REALLY need to learn to shut my yap on hunting posts :canadian:

Nothing against hunting or (most) hunters, I guess there is just something about trophy blasting I dont like.

Okay I got a question... how does one arrow take down a beast like that?

Im thinking it could wander around for some time before going down?

A broadside shot thru the lungs and heart will down any size moose.... if you're close enough, the arrow will go thru the animal. They usually don't go too far before they drop.

Okay I got a question... how does one arrow take down a beast like that?

Im thinking it could wander around for some time before going down?

An arrow kills by slicing the organs causing the animal to die from blood loss Or suffication from blood in the lungs. To them it feels like a bee's sting and then they get woozy and fall over. have you ever cut yourself with something really sharp and you dont really feel it for a few minutes ? .... I have seen bucks get shot and then continue chasing a doe for 50 yards then fall over . So obviously they arent in pain if they are chasing poontang !!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Longest i have tracked an animal shot with a bow was maybe 200 yards. It wasnt a very good shot thats why it went so far. The deer i have shot have dropped between 40 and 60 yards.

I know if i have a record book animal in my sights hes going down .

Rich,What scope do you have there?

Thats on my dads x bow . Its the excaliber drop zone or vari zone or what ever they call it . The ones that comes in the package. Has a dial on top for fps and you just turn it to what ever fps your bow is and it has 4 or 5 different crosshairs in it for the drop of the arrow.