Fishing licence card renewal

charlied

Did anyone else have to get a new card this year. I went to get my sticker put on and I have only used 2 of the 5 year slots on the card and the lady at Canadian tire told me i had to get a new card. Was there recently a change in the cards?

It has always been that after 3 years the card must be replaced. Even if there is only 1 sticker on it.

The extra spots for stickers are for hunting.

forrest

I sent my daughters renewal in last week and already got it back... the form that is un-processed. They won't proceses it because it's my credit card #.. not hers... even though I put my name on the paper to go with my credit card #. Now they want a certified cheque or money order. Absolute crap... I did my wife and other daughters the exact same way last year.

I think you have to wait till ur card expires to be eligable for the 3 year. Its wierd. I was getting one for my sister, and i could get a 3 year. I looked at my options at is want their, but i had 1 year left on my 3 year card. I think there is something which removes it even as an option untill the year ur card expires. I havn't figured it out yet, but i got a 3 year this year on line no problem....but my card was up.

-R-

In all my years fishing I have never run into anyone from the MNR out on a lake. And only once have I been stopped by the police. That was this year in early November on Lake Simcoe. And yes the cops also check for your fishing license.

Hasn't been illegal to fish in Ont. for 40 years yet, has it? Must be getting close.

I get lots of guys asking how to keep the cops off them.

You can get a free courtesy check from your local Power Squadron, that gives you a tag to display on your boat. It might keep the cops off you if they're busy.

Become a member of Canadian Power squadron and fly the flag, one look at the flag and they know you have done a course that far exceeds their requirements and your boat is probably fully rigged

Better still become Commander of your local squadron and they go right on by.

After forty years fishing in the Kawarthas I have been checked once. Every single time I go ice fishing on Lake Simcoe I have been checked, every single time!

One of the 3 times I was checked by a CO was there. The other times were Bronte on opening day and the Credit in the fall.

I have been checked way more by the Peel Marine Unit while fishing out of Port Credit though.

Well, our illustrious MNR with OPP enforcement was out on Temagami for the first time over the weekend (Sat) to be precise. It was late when they stopped by the hut on the way to town. About 7 p.m. Never had fish to claim, so no issues to mention.

Got to talking about the usual "catch anything?...No. " Walleye not hitting very hard...missed a few. Same as further up the lake. They left, I finished my pint, then I left.

Head lights coming towards your hut after dark may not always be the common man.

Heads up!