towing multiple sleds with atv/snowmobile

babaganoush

i know its the law when towing something to have a tow bar but is it also required to have bars on the other sleds as well or just the first one

i normally fish with others so i normally tow my sled and 2 clams

if its required to have bars on all sleds how would i go by installing these bars on all sleds

..and it's also 900 KB !

You are supposed to tow solid hitch to pull behind.. and solid hitch to the next one etc. I have my sled... a cutter and then my portable hut, all solid bar attachment. That said... we pull a second portable behind others on the lake up North all the time with just the pull rope looped over the first one. Only time we ever see the OPP and CO is when we are fishing... not when we are mobile.

Edited by irishfield

well the law is all would need to be attached with a rigid tow-bar

now if you could tie the huts together so close that there is no side to side movement, I would call that rigid

Thats what I would do also.

Legally though, it should be solid bar all the way thru.......but....... :whistling:

Sinker

the bars are the easy part

I would get a good sized hinge and put it on the other end of the hut in the middle and drill a hole in it the same size as the hole in the bar, stick the pin in it and you have instant hitch

Edited by Terry